Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New engine parts
I only recently discovered, that the deLorean shares its engine with the Lancia Thema V6
I do have a whole lot of new parts including a block for that engine.
I have listed them all on:
http://prv.lancia.co.za
unforunately they come up with Lancia numbers, but if people are interested, I could make an effort and cross reference with de Lorean numbers. Regards Felix sales@lancia.co.za
Is it a 2849cc or 2664cc ?
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
the lancia thema is listed with 2849 cc
it is the old form of the engine, the later one had 20 valves and was used after 1990 as far as I know. Cheers Felix
Hi Felix,

All PRVs apart from the very rare Peugeot Citroen 24v had 12 valves. The big changeover was around 1985 when the engines moved to even fire and EFI.

If you can confirm for 100% certain that the bore is indeed 91mm, I may be interested in a set of six pistons and liners.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
yes, I did just chekc it now, the bore is 91mm
Cheers
Felix
what an interesting thread! Phill got told a few years ago by someone in the Toyota Sera club that the Lancia Thema had the same engine as a DeLorean, so its nice to see this info confirmed.

How similar is the fueling system out of interest? Does it run CPR/Metering head/etc unique to Lancia, or does it run, for instance a Volvo set up?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
In Europe the engine came out with electronic fuel injection, however her ein South africa the car was fitted with a mechanical BOSCH injection... I am not an expert on it, put I can get details, it is basically similar to the K-jetronic in the gold GTI.
The mechanical parts like block pistions oilpump chains gaskets etc, will surely be the same,
ther are also ample parts for the head. The Thema drivers are tired of the cars so I am hoping our parts can maybe help the de Lorean community. cheers Felix
are there alot of Lancia Thema's in South Africa then? I guess your climate has probably preserved them well, most old Lancias, Alfa's and Fiat's could be swept up with a dustpan and brush after a few years in the British climate....
yes we do have plenty of Themas here, absolutely rustfree, in overall good condition, they go fist to the township and then to the scrapyard as the people here rather drive BMW s. While we sit with the worlds largest stock of new Thema parts and cant sell them.
It is a very deporable situation.
I am currently stuck with a 16IE auto thema in overall good nick, rust /accident free...
the vehcicle has incurred 2000 Euros in repairs so the owner gave up on it and dumped it on me.
And I will never be able to sell it here for E 2000,- themas are going here for E 500,-
so it is clearly better to have a deLorean Smile
:lol: its fascinating to read how different things are where you are - as a thought, you might like to write an article for our Club magazine about your stock of Thema parts, it will certainly get to a wider audience as not all of our members are online or have time to access the forums all the time.

If you send it to editor@deloreans.co.uk, perhaps with a few photos of the parts you have, it would certainly make a nice article, and something a bit different for our members.

The only Thema that you really encounter over here, is the '8.32', which I think had a Ferrari engine in it, but even so, they are very rare as they were hideously expensive to buy new and subsequently maintain - plus rust is always a problem over here unfortunately.