Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATF Fluid
Just a shot in the dark, but I seem to have a leak of power steering fluid on my Picasso. Because of limited working space I don't have anywhere to jack the car up and take a look see. Not to mention short on the old wallet at the moment. The engine compartment is dry, so it doesn't seem to be coming from the pump/reservoir. I'm using about a litre a week.

I came across this stuff on eBay HERE and wondered if anyone else had tried this stuff, and does it work? There's an apparent money back guarantee, but still, you got to ask.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Never tried it, But it is sold in places that i visit getting parts such as Unipart/partco/GSF Etc so I cant see them selling some fly by night cure all that does not work. May be worth a shot at least?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Cheers Chris.
I'll give it a blast then. Can't hurt owt I suppose.
Paul,

your welcome to bring the car over here one day and jack it up on our drive
if that will help you?

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks Claire. I would love to come down there but I'm now at college full time 8:30am while 4:30pm 5 days a week. Then at the weekend I've got to make a run up to Lincoln to pick the family up from their extended weekend away. So I don't have any free time left at the moment.
Can't wait to move house so I can tinker with cars on the drive again.
Not long now I hope! Smile
okey dokes mate - PM sent btw :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Did that stuff work Birksie? Someone at work was on about it the other day...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
No matey. The hole in the pipe we found was wayyyy too big.
The stop leak stuff I bought just poured out the other end! lol
When a friend found the leak, he took the small aluminium U shaped pipe off the system and showed me the gaping hole in it, which was caused by a poorly designed bracket that had broken away leaving the pipe to rub against the bell housing of the auto box.
Fancy making it out of Aluminium eh Citroen? Pillocks!

Short answer...no.
Long answer...yes, i've heard people having some success with this stuff. Mainly if its a weak seal or something. Not a hole the size of the moon. :wink: