Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexandria Delorean
Went to see the BTTF Delorean in the Car museum at Alexandria near Loch Lomond Dumbartonshire today, it was in a sorry state to be fair, cracked screen headliner hanging off and just tatty all around, but I supose like today when you have kids jumping in and out it's bound to take it's toll, saying that wish it was for sale and I had the time to bring it back to it's former glory, make a super project.

[imgC:UsersStephenPicturesipod][/img]
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
We can't see that image fella, as you've linked it to a source on your hard drive!
Need to upload the image to FLICKR or some free webspace and link to that.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
You learn a new trick everyday this time with a photo.

[Image: CARSTARS003.jpg]
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
what a mess Sad that car needs saving!!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
You didn't by chance get a VIN from it? Or note whether it was auto or manual?

Was there any information on who did the conversion and when?

I have been gathering info on cars in museums, (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3255) and this is one that I am needing more info on?

Vin?? Cars of the Stars - Scotland, Alexandria, Glasgow, Scotland (BTTF) B/?
Formerly Motoring Heritage Centre,
BTTF 3 replica by ??
Museum : http://www.carsofthestars-scotland.com/
http://www.carsofthestars-scotland.com/pages/bttf.htm
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Had to dive in to take the photo between kids so only got about a minutes peace, to the best of my memory it was a manual and I looked for the vin out of curiousty in usual place but it appeared to be missing like a lot of the car, sorry can't be more helpful, I did find out a bit about the Argyll Car company where the Delorean was housed if anyone is interested, they actually reformed in the late 70's I believe and made a sports car of which only 12 were made, if I can find a photo I will post it later tonight regards Stephen.

http://www.motoringheritage.co.uk/html/ ... mpany.html
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
Found it, Argyll Turbo GT, put on Gull wings and you have a ? Oh well pretty impressive looking car all the same seeing they didn't sell shame! Another Scottish motor bites the dust.

[Image: ArgyllGTTURBO.jpg]
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
now thats pretty cool looking Smile the seats look very Saab-esque :wink:
For some reason it reminds me of a Pike.
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
In the brief notes I have read about it this car was also made up from bits and pieces from various makes and was assembled in Lochgilphead near Oban and they revived the Argyll name which closed in the 30's at the Alexandria complex.
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
ayr41 Wrote:Had to dive in to take the photo between kids so only got about a minutes peace, to the best of my memory it was a manual and I looked for the vin out of curiousty in usual place but it appeared to be missing like a lot of the car, sorry can't be more helpful,

Both locations would be on the other side of the car from the one you took the pictures at (bottom of windscreen and door frame, both drivers (LH) side), so they may not have wanted you opening the door etc.

thanks anyway
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Manxmann Wrote:For some reason it reminds me of a Pike.

"dont tell them your name Pike!"
ayr41 Wrote:Went to see the BTTF Delorean in the Car museum at Alexandria near Loch Lomond Dumbartonshire today, it was in a sorry state to be fair, cracked screen headliner hanging off and just tatty all around, but I supose like today when you have kids jumping in and out it's bound to take it's toll, saying that wish it was for sale and I had the time to bring it back to it's former glory, make a super project.

[imgC:UsersStephenPicturesipod][/img]

I think the same thing every time i visit the Ulster Transport Museum Smile
i was at the ulster transport the other month that car is in bad way too did take some pics