Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1:8 Scale Rolling Chassis Model
Hi everyone, been a while since posting. I have just finished my 1:8 Scale DMC chassis display model. I say finished - it's finished to the point that its a solid piece, I still have minor ad ons to put on after it's been marked for my degree such as trailing arms which I've made but didnt have time to fit. Seem to be limited to 3 pics per post so I'll make a couple to tag on to the end of this. Let me know what you think! Cheers guys and gals! Smile Check out my online portfolio for some of my other modelmaking work: www.coroflot.com/scott-miller
And some more...
Sorry they're so big, no time to resize them!
Damn. Shock Thats amazing! Big Grin
Are you eventually building the complete car?
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Very nice, a lot of work gone in to that!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Smile at the moment I don't have plans to make the rest, this took me 5 weeks of making and development and its probably the least organic and complex set of shapes to make on the car! I do plan on finisheing the few odd bits I've left off this. Possibly making a digital engine and 3d printing it to the correct scale to fit in but that will mean adjusting the ride height ect and wont be as straightforward as it may seem! It's been an intersting project and has certainly furthered my own understanding of the construction of the real thing. Hopefully I can get a packing case made so I can bring it to a show or two this summer.
Thats amazing! So detailed and exact! Whats it actually made from? Id love to see that up close. Well done 8)
now if you'd like to scale that up, I've got a cruddy chassis on my car.... :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
That is absolutely phenomenal!

Brilliant - Great skills and incredibel attention to detail. Stock tyres I note!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Stock tires indeed! Smile Its made primarily from acrylic Phil. The wheels are cast in polyurethane resin. I had to make an example of each tyre, front and back, to make moulds from. Long story but that involved an incredibly frustraiting 2 days of sticking individual treads to each tire Shock Not to mention 45 spokes on each wheel. I'm happy with it though Smile Once its been fully marked I should be able to bring it to a show or 2 before it takes up residence.
That's an amazing work Shock
Do you have plan to make some more, and maybe for sale?
Hi Domi,

Currently I don't plan on taking it any further. at least no more than finishing the missing details from the frame. The model is very fragile at the moment. Once it has been released from marking for me to work on I'll stegnthen it and see about bringing it to some shows. I think the cost of it would shock quite a few people Smile Quoting as a freelance modelmaker it would be in the region of £8000! yes £8000! But as I've already made one and have the patterns saved it wouldn't take me as long to make another so theres a possiblity of it being about half that price.
Thank you for your answer.
You're right, the price is really expensive Shock
Yeah, people are always shocked. Its the cost of the materials and the number of working hours. That took me over 5 weeks but I quoted for 5 so if I were running a buissness on it I'd actually be making a loss at £8000! It's an expensive buisness but If the works there then its good money.