Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Drives?
Hey all,

Not posted on here in a while! was just wondering how many people use their DeLoreans as a daily drive? the engines are relatively simple units, i've had a few PRV powered R25s, now i drive an econobox Twingo GT, had to sell my Mercedes 190 cosworth was a fuel eater! lol I'm about 2 years away from getting my DMC-12 but its sooo worth the wait Smile

Prab
[Image: resize.jpg]
ayup mate, good to see you back on here.

Phill used his car as a daily driver when he first had it and would commute into Nottingham
each day.

DeLorean's definately benefit from regular use, although having said that, as you have found
with your Mercedes, fuel costs are spiralling at the moment and making using the De more of
a luxury then a 'hmm, what car shall I use today?" driving decision.

Having converted our Avantime 3.0i V6 to LPG, once funds allow, our 2 De's will be on the
conversion list along with my '89 Cavalier and the Toyota Sera. We've spoken to our LPG
converter (Fox's LPG Conversions in Derby) and are pretty much there on a final design and
set up for the system - watch this space! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
The thing is, i can even make my twingo have shit fuel economy lol!, i was thinking once i get the delorean i would probably sell my twingo and possibly the mercedes E230 my dads kinda given me, although the E class is actually pretty frugal, the Deloreans standard engine the way it is is by no means fast, and i suppose it could get good fuel economy if driven lightly, however i have considered the LPG option aswell!
Oh yeah the reason i havent been on in ages is, in the time i last came on here and today, i'd been living and working abroad, got made redundant a few months ago, and flew back for my sisters wedding, i do miss Australia though best country, its like Britain just with sunshine and bikini clad women lol
lol, well there's always Newquay if your missing the surf :lol:

Time to throw another roo on the barby?
I actually lived 10 minutes from one of the nicest beaches in NSW, was down there at least 2 or 3 times a week, and i did have a BBQ every sunday lol
prabmire Wrote:its like Britain just with sunshine and bikini clad women lol
I'm off to OZ .....forever! Mr Green

BTW welcome back Prab
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi Prab,
I used my D' as my daily driver for a year (2005). I was doing about 30 miles a day. It only let me down once with a fuel issue. A past owner had removed the fuel pick up filter :roll: . A piece of muck had got in to the fuel pump.
Only thing I would do is avoid the roads when they salt them. As although the D's body is stainless steel the running gear is not.
Might be worth getting a £500 rent-0-wreck for the winter commute.

Regards

Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
I used mine for nearly four years as a daily driver.
I did around 20-30 miles a day in it. I had a few snags along the way, but nothing too major.
I found most of my problems occured after I had my accident at work, I was unable to drive for a year. So when I came to drive the D again I found there were a few problems. Bearings and perishables mainly. Leaving it stood still for a year really didnt do it any good at all.

At the end of the day, they are cars, and cars are meant to be driven.
Drive it whenever you can, and enjoy it. Thats my opinion.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Well when i get my D, i might shift the twingo as i'll still be able to get about 5k for it in 2 years time, i'll probably end up with an R5 GTT as the winter run around, i do miss my old one, i'll probs only sell the twingo if i have to, as it is a peach to drive!, it depends where i'll be working when i get my Delorean, if its in Central london, then i'll just have the one car, as i usually get the train into town!

Prab
Birksie Wrote:At the end of the day, they are cars, and cars are meant to be driven.
Drive it whenever you can, and enjoy it. Thats my opinion.

AMEN to that one Mr Birks!!! Big Grin