Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rubber edge strip on rear quarters
Does anyone know where you can buy a similar rubber strip to what is fitted along the tops of the rear quarter panels, that the louvre's rest against? They are quite expensive for what they are from DMC so I want to see if I can get something similar elsewhere, they're only a rubber strip which has been cut to shape!
Hi Phil, I think If I remember rightly Darren C had new ones on his that were'nt from DMC. May be send him a PM.

P.S. Summers coming! Smile
Thanks Scott, Ill get in touch with him.

Yeah I cant wait for summer, I want to be driving it now really!! But im having a nightmare with the bumpers, they're both off for respraying at the moment. The back one has been done already but the paint reacted quite badly, so it was re done and then it reacted again! Now all the paint is being stripped off so they can be painted again this time on bare plastic so hopefully they will have a good finish! The bodyshop has both bumpers for the next 2 weeks.
How are you having them stripped Phil?

I want to get mine resprayed, but finding anybody to strip them who'll reply to my emails is hard work. Obviously they're all making far to much money to be bothered :roll:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
I have taken them back to the same bodyshop that have already tried spraying them twice. He is going to sand all the old paint off, I think that would be the only way because they are soft flimsy plastic, stripper might damage them, it will be a big job, he wasnt happy Shock
I really hope they come back ok, its been dragging on for a while now.
RichH Wrote:How are you having them stripped Phil?

I want to get mine resprayed, but finding anybody to strip them who'll reply to my emails is hard work. Obviously they're all making far to much money to be bothered :roll:

Fine wet'n'dry sand paper and alot of elbow grease is probably the most effective way, I did this on my front and rear fascias prior to spraying and the paint and lacquer finish has stood up well 4+years now

As with all paint work preperation is the most boring but ultimately the most important part.

I'd stay away from chemical strippers.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
A lesson for anyone looking to have theirs painted locally: Let them know up front that they area b@stard and it's in their interest to do it properly in the first place!
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk