• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classics in the Walled Garden 30th July 2010 Luton Hoo
Classics in the Walled Garden
Wednesday
30th June 2010
From 4pm

Hello all,

After the success of last year’s Classics in the Walled Garden, I’m delighted to inform you that the event is being repeated this year and that I am also organising a second event.

The first Classics in the Walled Garden was held on 1st July 2009 on one of the hottest days of the year. The 350 spaces within the Walled Garden itself were sold out within a few weeks of its launch, an overflow field accommodated a further 150 cars. The event was very well received by all who attended and around £2,000 was raised for charity. Music was provided by the New Ambassadors Big Band.

Classics in the Walled Garden is an evening picnic within and around the historic Walled Garden on the Luton Hoo Estate. This year a part of the Walled Garden has been taken by a semi-permanent marquee, so spaces within the Walled Garden will be reduced on last year. The upside is that there will be improved toilet facilities and shelter from the glorious summer sunshine, or whatever weather we’re thrown. I can’t fit coaches, buses and lorries etc. into the garden but they can still pre-book space immediately outside the wall, that area has also been extended this year so will house the overflow. The event is aimed at cars and motorcycles aged 20 years and older, with more modern classics accepted at my discretion.

All space within and immediately outside the Walled Garden is now allocated. There is still space available in an adjoining field

On the night we will have some music, a licensed bar, and some catering facilities. I will update all entrants with an email nearer the time. I’m only sending paper entries for this event to those few entrants who attended last year and for whom I have no email addresses. So if you have friends without email who may be interested please pass this on to them.

Luton Hoo Walled Garden is set in a beautiful estate with entry from the New Mill End Road along a lovely tree lined drive. You can read some of its history at; http://www.lutonhooestate.co.uk. Please note there is NO entry to the Walled Garden from the main entrance to the hotel & golf club on the A1081. An access map can be found on the website. Access to the estate is gated and will be closed during the day. There will be NO ENTRY to the estate before 4pm,

Proceeds from Classics in the Walled Garden will be divided between The Walled Garden Project and the day unit at Keech Hospice Care.
This year as a trial I will be accepting payment of rally fees via Paypal for those of you who prefer to pay that way. Simply email me your completed form(s) and I’ll advise you how to make payment. I will provide the envelope and stamp to send your pass out. There will be an additional fee of 50p to cover postage and envelopes.

I’m always in need marshalls so if you can spare a couple of hours of your time on either day please let me know. I’m tremendously indebted to all of you who have helped over the years as without that support these events simply couldn’t take place.

I’m planning on a tombola at least at one of the events to raise extra funds, if you work for a company that might be interested in donating some product or merchandise please get in touch, I’ll happily give your company a plug on the website.

Peter Madden

Entry forms below.

Wednesday 30th June 2010
Ticket Application Form
Please fill in this form and print with required details and a SAE & cheque for £5 payable to 'The Rover P5 Club' and post to:
Peter Madden, "Classics in the Garden", 48 Whitehill Avenue, Luton, LU1 3SR

About Your Car/Bike
Vehicle Make

Model

Registration

Year

About You
Name

Address 1

Address 2

Town/City

Postcode