Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High level brake light
I know this may sound strange, but have any DMC owners ever looked in the rear view mirror at traffic lights and seen how CLOSE other interested drivers get, and then thought that it must be impossible to see a DMCs brake lights at close quarters? Sorted this out by velcro fitting an aftermarket brake light under the top righthand slat so it doesnt spoil the looks, and 15 minutes scotch locking into the rear o/s brake light feed gave me a bit more peace of mind when in traffic! You really cant see the rear brake lights on 'cos the cars that low, I saw a DMC with a high level brake light unit on top of the rear cover once, but that may have been drilled to fix it in place. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
yes, it's something I did myself a year or two back, as I was getting nervous of everyones driving, yep it's not stock but I'm happier with it there.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
SCOTCH LOCKS !!!!!!!!!

Argh, dont let RichH read that !!! :lol:

I've had scotch locks in my car replaced with proper soldering and heat shrink. Much neater,
and (IMO) safer too. (Just my 2pth tho).

Great idea tho!! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Done the decent thing and soldered the connections! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
bjbrownie Wrote:Done the decent thing and soldered the connections! 8)

lol - good man (had visions of RichH going round with soldering iron, shrinksleeve and
baseball bat :lol: :wink: )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie