Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
royal dmc weekend 2010
Hi guys
After the success of last years event my self and ian are delighted to announce the royal delorean weekend is returning this year!
This time it will be held on Friday August 20th to Sunday August 22nd. Once again our base for the weekend will be the fabulous 4 star Knightsbrook Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort, trim, county meath. We will be staying in the luxurious holiday homes on site each with their own space for your delorean!!

As before everyone in the delorean community is more than welcome to attend.

As this is a busier time of year, early booking will be essential.To book your place please ring the hotel on 00 353 46 9482100 and ask for reservations. Please advise on booking that you are part of the delorean group in order to get charged the discounted rate.
Credit card will be needed to secure the booking although it will not be charged. The price will include b & b on both night(s) and a 3 course meal on the Saturday night.

The rates for the hotel are the same as last year;
per person:
one night – 72.50euro, for b+b and dinner on the saturday night.
2 nights - 110euro, for b+b both mornings and dinner on saturday night.

Per couple:
one night – 145euro, for b+b and dinner on the saturday night.
2 nights - 220euro, for b+b both mornings and dinner on the saturday night

Please check out http://www.knightsbrookhotel.com for more information if required.

Details to follow on the weekends events.

Looking forward to meeting the many old and new faces again this year.

Bring it on!

Cheers Shane & Ian
Excellent! I highly recommend going to this event. Ian and Shane organised a brilliant weekend last year, visiting lots of interesting places. It was a good laugh, talking Deloreans, with sumptious food and lots of drink. Big Grin

Here's a few pics. See ya there.

[Image: Guiness.jpg]

[Image: Guiness2.jpg]

[Image: guiness3.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi guys
The Royal Delorean weekend getaway is coming up very soon and as promised here is the general lay out of the weekend: Smile

Friday 20th;
For those arriving on Friday check in at leisure to the hotel. Later that evening sit back and relax with some great people great beer and great food as mervyn serves (up his now famous!) bar b q !

Saturday 21st;
For those arriving on Saturday you can check in at the hotel between 9 and 11am.

11.15 sharp
Leave the hotel and set off in our delorean convoy via the m4 and m50 to Powerscourt Waterfall. There we will have a chance to drive right up to the tallest waterfall in Ireland and get a chance for some awesome pictures !. After that we are back into our cars for the short drive(2 miles) to the Powerscourt House and Gardens where we will park up and everyone will have the chance to wander around at will and enjoy the stunning scenery. For those who will be peckish/thirsty there is cafes and restaurants on site.

5pm
Leave Powerscourt heading back to the hotel via the m50 and m4.

8.00pm
3 course sumptous dinner will be served in the Hugh De Lacy suite followed by our guest speakers

We 'r delighted to announce Nick Fulcher from Nick Fulcher Coachtrimmers, Norwich.
Nick was the man responsible for the interiors of our dream machines.He has worked closely with the likes of guigario in turin and colin chapman (on the esprit) developing and designing interiors of project and production cars on the delorean and a host of other famous marques

We are also delighted to welcome back Nick and Phyllis Sutton. Nick was head of purchasing for dmc from1978-1983. Both nick s will be willing to answer questions from the floor during their talk

Then off to the bar and have the craic till late as they say!! :twisted: :lol:

Sunday 22nd
Nurse some sore heads and stay in bed or make use of hotel facilities; which includeds golf, leisure facilities and spa. Afterwards head off in our stainless dream machines for a safe trip home.

Looking forward to seeing you and your deloreans soon.

bring it on :!:

Cheers.
Shane and Ian.
if funds allow, we'd like to attend this, but not sure if we'll have the spondoolics in time.

If not, we'll deffo be over in 2011 - these 'Shane and Ian' weekends come highly recommended by people we've spoken to who've attended in the past.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi clare
thanks for the support Smile. looking forward to it ... your more than welcome the more the merrier as they say! if you can make it all the better if not we ll see ya s all in 2011!
cheers
shane
Cr*p. Can't make this one.

The one I went to at Meryn's two years ago was brilliant - unfortunately it clashed with our holiday last year - and again this year! This event does come recommended to anyone who can make it though, it was fasntastic!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
well, basically, I'm waiting on an insurance payout from that accident I had in Jan 2007 before I can commit to owt - its due to go to court either late July or early August, so I fear I may not get the cash in time to be able to afford this trip.

Shame, cos I really want to do one of these infamous "Christie Bros" trips to Ireland - ah well, mebbe next year..... :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie