Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stainless Exhaust
Doubt anyone will be selling anyway, but I thought I'd ask!

If anyone wants to sell their stainless-exhaust, either due to another upgrade or whatever reasons, please could you give me a shout!? As I can't really afford the brand new exhaust price, but a 2nd hand might do 8)

P.S. I don't mind having just the manifold + middle pipe bits, as I can get the back box made up easily.

Thanks!

[Image: DCP_0757.JPG]
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=438

Have you considered this ?
Yea Mike Tongue ,

It looks just as good, will be getting one when my wallet allows. Hehe, I am just trying to see if I can get a 2nd hand one at a more affordable price :oops:

The new exhaust doesn't seems to be on sale yet? I have been to the website, but it isn't on there?
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

I am informed he has the first batch in production. Maybe by now this has all been allocated. I wouldnt think you will find anyone parting with a stainless exhaust. If you are considering a new exhaust Stainless or 'build up you own', i would recommend that you do your homework on exhaust 'design' prior to choosing which one to purchase for your needs.
21" headers is the golden rule and Ed's are made to that whereas the SS system isn't. On the flip side, the SS system is mandrel bent rather than welded from sections so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Bit of a black art designing the perfect exhaust system as it works great in 1 powerband of the rev range but is a compromise in the others.

Ideally the primary pipe should be long enough so that this volume is equal to the swept volume of the piston, but shorter lengths work a bit better higher up the rev range.

The standard D engine is torquey low revving so I'd personally prefer the longer piped one.

I think the SS exhaust was designed so you could squeeze in the catalytic converters due to space restrictions.

Either way £1k is still a hefty price tag !

NickT.
I believe Eds tubing is also of a thicker guage because it is welded.
Thanks for answering my questions guys! Learning something new everyday!

So it's Ed's design I should be saving for then.... :wink:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

bozzzydmc Wrote:I believe Eds tubing is also of a thicker guage because it is welded.

Apart from weight being heavier... is that a good thing or a bad thing to have thicker gauge tubing?
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

I hope to see one of these systems in April when Ed comes over for a tech day, will get a full run down comparison too mine
from stainless-exhaust.com
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Hi I have one stainless exhaust system for sale, it is the old exhaust from Dan Shane. Compleet and in good shape 400 pond incl shipping.

Regards Ed Uding
www.deloreaneurope.com
That will be bloody loud if you fit it!!!! does that include the headers ed ???
Ed, reserve that for me!

Any Pics at all? What's included? How do I pay you?
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

Daniel Shane Wrote:That will be bloody loud if you fit it!!!! does that include the headers ed ???

Dan? Was it really that loud? I recall this exhaust was off Chrispy's Backy right?

I have heard your car when we were at the Lotus event last year... but it seems ok to me? Or was it another exhaust you had at that event?
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

The Exhaust is 100%, I did sale Dan his car to France.
And during the restoration I put the origenal system back on the car.
[Image: dsc037325za.jpg]
It is the compleet system headers muffler
Regards Ed