Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genuine "Twitter" Virus Alert
I've checked this one out on Symantecs website, and it appears to be genuine.

Please be on the look out for any suspicious emails, and pass it on please!

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/m ... unt-invite

Several email worms are now rapidly spreading throughout the Internet. The first worm will arrive in your email in-box addressed to "Your friend invited you to twitter!" or an email from Hallmark Ecard, It will normally contain an attachment called "Invitation card" or "Hallmark Card" or a number of other attachment names with a .CMD or .EXE extension. This attachment contains the virus.

The second is known as Zeus or ZBot and is taking many forms. In some cases an email that looks like it comes from the IRS and directs recipients to a fake IRS website. Once on the website, if a user clicks on a link a virus is downloaded to the users PC which will steal IDs, passwords and bank and investment account information. Once the information is provided to the bot masters, the accounts are emptied. So far over a million dollars a day has been stolen from millions of victims

If you receive one of these, DELETE the email immediately; you will not get the virus unless you open the attachment or click on the links.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Suprised you found that at all using Norton.
What a bag of crud that Anti-Virus software is.
You need a sextuplet quadro-triple-duplex core 45million Ghz processor and 35 billion gigs of Ram just to run the software.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Birksie Wrote:Suprised you found that at all using Norton.
What a bag of crud that Anti-Virus software is.
You need a sextuplet quadro-triple-duplex core 45million Ghz processor and 35 billion gigs of Ram just to run the software.

LOL Hey I use that Mr Birks :lol: I have got to say the last one (2007 I think) was a bag of rubbish slowed the PC down something cronic was a bit of a surprise after the earlier version.
Non the less upgraded to the 2009 version and it's 100 times better now, Though still have some Email issues with it!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
lol, I don't have Norton AV - I use AVG Free Big Grin

I just typed the details into Google to check it was genuine and thats one of the
links that came up Smile
Good lass.
AVG and Kaspersky are the way to go.
No anti-virus software is perfect, but these in my opinion are by far the best.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
aye, made the mistake of having Norton on my PC years ago, worst pile of cr4p ever and did
nowt but slow my computer down and even thwarted me installing a scanner!

Anway, best thing about AVG Free is that...... its free!!!!! lol - and it works of course Big Grin