Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PICKUP STOLEN
Hi all,

I know it's a long shot, but my ex pickup truck was stolen from it's new owner in Epping last night, just thought I'd spread the word.

[Image: Hilux_1.jpg]

Obviously I de-stickered it before I sold it, but just in case anyone sees it listed for sale anywhere.

Disctinctive features....
M30 BBO plate (probably changed straight away)
Tow bar/hitch and winch on rear bumper.
It was respreyed from wghite to blue in 2000 and the inside of the filler flap is white and you can see some original white paint where the windscreen rubber has shunk slightly.

Long shot but hey

James RG
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Grrrrr.... there's just no need for this sort of s**t.

Might be worth posting up a on a busy forum like Pistonheads, widen the net?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Amazing, did they have the keys? reasonable imobiliser on them I thought.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:Amazing, did they have the keys? reasonable imobiliser on them I thought.

Chris

The chap bought it off me a week ago, he was a really nice fella and had to scrabble around for the money as it was a little more that he had budgeted for, but following a test drive he had immediatly offered me full asking price and asked me to take it of the market.

Money sorted, he came to collect it on Monday night, drove it home and parked it up and 10:00pm. When he got up at 06:00 to head off to work it had gone, he was gutted, he had bough this to replace his last one which was stollen last month.

he called me to let me know that the police might be in contact as obviously the V5 hasn't been adjuisted by the DVLA yet and I'm down as the registered owner.

It was a great pickup and I was really cheesed off to hear that it had been stolen, he's back to square 1 now having to make a 2nd insurance claim for a stolen vehicle, why do crap things hppen to nice people!

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
gutting mate - I wonder if its been stolen to order? I know that these pick-up's are also
favoured within the 'traveller community'...... (they are round here anyway) :roll:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
[Image: apple%20pie.jpg][Image: Key.jpg]
VIN: 6511
ROFL Big Grin :lol:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Flan-Key?

(Only kidding...)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire