Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1981 Automatic, black interior for sale in U.S.
1981 DeLorean DMC 12 Stainless Steel Coupe
Black interior, Automatic, 6cyl, Bosch K-Jetronic
34,617 original miles
June 1981 build
VIN # 01674
CarFax available

This DeLorean coupe is in excellent condition, inside and out, the engine has recently undergone a top- end overhaul, including heads, valve guides, adjustments, gaskets, plus new plug wires, distributer cap, rotor, plugs, all new vacuum lines. Air Conditioning has been converted from R-12 to R-134a and blows cold. The interior is in very good condition, seats are soft and supple, no cracking.

Some small issues:
The dash has a small crack near the glove compartment, and another near the speaker grille on the same side. There is a small hole in the material of the passenger side knee pad, wear on the drivers side trim behind the door (where you brush it entering and exiting the car). The binnacle is in perfect condition.

Slightly larger issues:
There is a crack in the windshield, probably repairable and I will try to have it repaired as soon as I can.
The Transmission Computer Governor needs to be rebuilt, the car still drives fine, but you must manually shift from 1st to 2nd then to Drive. Replacements are available from multiple DeLorean vendors.

Aftermarket stereo (Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3 player) I am the third owner of this wonderful car, and have the original window sticker, and maintenance receipts from the previous owners, as well as my own. Owners manual, DeLorean Shop Manuals (hardcopy and in .pdf form) and other extras.

This is a fairly well sorted DeLorean and would make a nice addition to a European garage. It is turn-key for fun, and still leaves some tinkering to be done.

This car is a daily driver, and does not have any of the usual issues found in a DeLorean which has sat in storage.

I can send extensive photos on the request of a SERIOUS inquirer, tell me what you would like to see, and I will take fresh photos for you.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!
$20,000 (nego.)
email johnzd81@yahoo.com
hi

mine was close to yours, vin 1621.

so could even have been next to each other awaiting transport!.

Regards

Steve
ex vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
with the current exchange rate of approx $1.65 USD = £1.00stg, that car comes in at
just over £12,000 - but then rememember you *might* have to add up to 30% again for
shipping and taxes at this end, which will make the car £15-16k before you start spending
any money on it.

Sounds like quite a nice, straight, unmolested early example though - I hope it finds a good
home Smile

Chris Nicholson can get the dash sorted - anyone who wants to see proof can see before and
after shots of my black dash, binnacle and centre console, the windscreen is an easy one - just
do what I did and claim it on your insurance, and RichH I believe is the man to speak to about
repairing Auto govenor computers.

Simples! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie