Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Updates
Hey all

The following changes were made today:

[*]Top banner link changed to www.deloreans.co.uk
[*]Top right info added to add something "more" to the forum
[*]Share button added to the site so you can share topics with the usual social networking sites, You can see this below the view new posts/View your posts links
[*]Forum upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.0.5 latest version.

Mike
DOC 527
Vin #10264
well done Mike, keep up the good work mate Big Grin

How about a 'newbies say hi' section too? Its on the majority of forums I'm a member of and
is a good way for new members to introduce themselves Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hmm now that is an idea! Ive got a few other little ideas up my sleave too Big Grin
DOC 527
Vin #10264
sounds intriguing!!!

I'll let you crack on then! Big Grin
Mike. Nice work.
Just a bit of contructive critisism mate. I dont grumble about anything, but I thought id mention this in case anyone feels the same and doesnt speak out.
I always click the banner to get back to the root of the forum, but now it goes to the home page which is (for me) quite annoying.
How about making the "DeLorean Owners Club" text to the right of the banner, a hyperlink to the homepage instead?

Tell me to get stuffed if im talking bo***x Big Grin
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
I've never done that Paul - I just click on Board Index - or is that doing summat different
to what you're reffering too?

Just call me a technophobe! lol
No, thats the right way to do it Claire. Dont worry.
Its just that most forums and/or websites use their top logo as a hyperlink to go back to the root of that forum/website.
Ive got used to doing it on here too, and I still click it, but now it takes me back to the website instead of the root of the forum.
Annoying. But hey ho.
Hi Paul

Thats why I always left it to the default behaviour. Also care is needed as the text on the top right is stored as a single statement in the SQL database and it caused a bit of a problem when I migrated the Forum from phpbb 2 to 3 as it failed on that part.

MikeH, Please can you change the Top left link back to the default behaviour as it is so annoying when browsing the forum.

Dan
it was changed so there was a link back to the main site, especially when the "board index" link below it took you back to the forum anyway. But i can change it back its np
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Heyup Dan.
Yeah I remember. Was it the fact I made it the text a hyperlink? I dont understand why it would fall over though. Why was that?