Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spax Shocks
Well, I've just got off the phone with Spax after a bit of faffing about. They have quoted me £322.45 for a set of 4 shocks delivered and they are now giving a club discount of 15% instead of the 25% that is stated in the cross ref section in the forum. Its still a good price but has anyone recently had them at a cheaper price, I was expecting 265 + p&p.
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I know Dan has very recently got a set - he might be able to help out. He's on late shift at the mo though so might be a little later on tonight!

I bought my Spax shocks in Jan/Feb and paid £282.50 all in which would suggest I got the 25% at that point...
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I missed a call from SPAX late this afternoon. I will ring them in the morning to try and sort this out. It will be a shame if they are gonna go back on something they aggreed to. Perhaps the doom and gloom in the economy is hitting them as well! I will inform Stuart in the morning and keep everyone up to speed.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I will have to dig the receipt out to find the exact price but they were roughly 260 quid for the set I think.
VIN: 6511
It now does seem that the 'club' discount has been dropped to 15% to bring us in line with any other car club. I have altered the relevant forum postings to reflect this. They are going to honour Stuarts order at 25% discount as they did not inform us of this change :roll:
None the less it still keeps them as one of the cheapest and best performance products around, Even with 15% discount this still is over £52.00 discount on a set of 4. One of the many benefits of club membership.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I'd like to thank Chris for calling Spax this morning, hopefully the shocks will be with me and on the car soon for the upcoming shows.
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Great news Stuart, and well done to ChrisW for sorting this out - £52 discount eh, thats
more then 2yrs UK membership! :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hey, just looked and got mine for £277.11 for the set, so pretty decent.
Hi, Thats great news. Where did you find your Delorean? Hope the resto is going well.
Big Grin
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi, sorry for late reply, Found it at Rob Grady's in new york. 2 years ago now, resto going well, iv started putting the frame back together and chris at pj gradys is getting on very well with the tub.