Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: Track Rod End
Does anyone have a spare Track Rod End they want to sell, or know what x-ref part this is and where to get it?
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Ayup matey,

I think they are the same as a Triumph Herald if I remember right, you should be able to pick one up from any motor factors.

Phill
Phill Wright
Vin #6772 'Sorbet'
Avantime 'M4TRA'
Sera 'Tarts Handbag'
95 1.7TD Cavalier 'Mazzie' BIO VXL. Run on 100% Veg oil ... :-)
'NUKE', the very last Cavalier made! rescued from a scrap dealer and now restored.
DOC 233
[Image: sorbet1.jpg][Image: dmcspin.gif][Image: sorbet2.jpg]
Cheers Fella Wink
Paul,

if you get stuck, I got mine off Ebay really cheap, and it turned out the seller was SOC
in Headcorn, Kent, who used to supply DMUK back in the days......

They were less then a tenner the pair with postage IIRC. Might still have the part number
kicking around somewhere......... I'm sure I kept it for reference......... but if you ring SOC
(they might be called summat else now tho - but Dan Shane will know for deffo), and ask
for DeLorean track rod ends they'll know what you want Smile

Hope this helps mate,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Cheers fella. I have the number off Martin. Wink
Cheers fella. I have the number off Martin. Wink
As you all know, you have to cut the triumph ones, so that they aren't too long. There is a cross ref out there that are the same size + shape as the originals. They are for early 80's Rovers part number FTR4054.
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Wow. Thanks Stu! Smile
Hi, I replaced the track rod ends with a pair off a Austin Metro (1983), off the shelf from any motor factors and £6.99 the pair. May help someone changing the track rod ends in the future! :wink:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Thats a great cross reference. Thanks! Big Grin

I have took the liberty of adding it to our cross reference section and crediting you.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.