Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WINDOW MOTOR WANTED PLEASE!
Hi all,

I'm looking for a window motor for my drivers side door please, as my old one is shot!

I understand these can be quite pricey, anybody have a spare or who can point me in the right direction?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Best regards

Carl
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
Does the motor still spin? If it is the plastic gear that has stripped i am sure I have seen them for sale somewhere.
I also have a semi-working one but the plastic part is buggered, and you would need to transfer the brass gearwheel off your own as this one is cracked. If you need it, it's yours for what I paid for it, which is nothing. You may be able to make a good one from several bad ones!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
thats an idea - my passenger side window has packed up - I can feel a door stripping, arm
lacerating session coming on ..... oh joy.......
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:thats an idea - my passenger side window has packed up - I can feel a door stripping, arm
lacerating session coming on ..... oh joy.......

My drivers window got stuck in the half way down position, it's been fixed numerous times with little metal plates and jubilee clips, but I think I might have to bite the bullet and buy new window regulators.

Shame you can't just get the elbow and chanel as the motors both appear to work fine.

I best get out the Dyno-Rod mega thick rubber gauntlets and go into the doors.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
yeah, you're right there James, working on DeLorean door innards does call for chain mail
armour!! lol

I *really* need to get a decent new pair of window motors.... its just one of those crappy
jobs I've been putting off for years.

Anyway, time for some grub, baby is complaining I think going by the kicking I'm getting
at the moment! lol
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Oh crumbs, I forgot! We're talking razor blade territory here aren't we! Shock

Nick - I think the actual motor's had it, but just need to check with Chris and Darren again as they looked at it at Eurotec. :?

Rich - Extremely kind of you to offer thanks, as soon as I identify the exact part I need, I will get back to you mate. Big Grin

Thanks guy's! Big Grin

Best regards

Carl
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
Just to let you know, I spoke to Chris N last night and he has a spare window motor that I can have! Woo Hoo! Big Grin

Thanks for all your help and kind offers guys, always appreciated!

Best regards

Carl
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk