Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event - Chirk, Shropshire, 11-13 June 2010
Engine temp rocketing within minutes suggests that it was low on water. It'd take a lot longer to get hot if there was water in it and the stat was stuck (which was replaced around 2002 BTW).

He did have the cap on the coolant bottle, didn't he?

If the fans weren't coming on, it'd overheat too but would take longer than a few minutes to get there. At idle, probably over 10mins.

If he switched it off as soon as it blurted, she should be okay. Do drain the water and put in an anti-freeze mix before too long.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I wanted him to put some anti freeze into the mixture, but there was a complication, in that you aren't supposed to put a type of anti-freeze into an aluminium engine if it contains a specific chemical (i forget the name) and with not being sure if what he had, was ok, he refused to put anything else in other than plain water. I've no idea how to drain the cooling system. I can only presume there is a stop cock bolt or something at the bottom of the radiator....? You got good advice of what anti-freeze is ok in the PRV6?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
You could try VAG G12+, which is a coolant for cars with aluminium engine blocks.

My D keeps cool with that too.
I prefer it over the "green stuff" which can also be used.

Welmoed.
Welmoed

DCN #261
black VIN #6513 1981-11
Toyota Prius III 2009-07
Aluminium engine blocks and/or heads are ubiquitous - just don't use no-brand stuff is my advice. You don't need to drain the system completely, just anough to drop in 5l of neat anti-freeze. The quickest way would probably be to pop the rad fan switch out.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I'm escaping the TT that week so whilst I won't be in the 'D', not enough seats, I'll pop round and say hello.

If owning the 'D' is anything like owning the ZT V8 it will probably be the only time I'll get to meet anyone Shock
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
Great to hear you'll be coming to the event, have you taken delivery of 17152 yet?
I'd love to see that car in person.
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
** ANNOUNCEMENT **

I am delighted to announce that over the course of this weekend, we are going to be
raising funds for Parkinsons Research in the UK.

Parkinson's UK are over the moon to have the support of the DeLorean Owners Club UK
and hope to have one of their local representatives joining us over the weekend.

More info on Parkinson's UK can be found here: http://www.parkinsons.org.uk

I hope that we can raise plenty of money for a very worthwhile cause Smile

Regards,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi every one. Would love to come to this event with my partner but as yet my funds dont reach to buying a delorean . Just wanted to check if its ok to attend ,sounds realy good value and a lovely part of the country . What days are the drives and things taking place. Cheers Brian
Hi Brian

Of course, your are absolutely welcome to attend with or without DeLorean!! Big Grin

Not exactly sure of the itinerary yet, but as far as I'm aware there will be drives out on both Saturday and Sunday.

Look forward to meeting you there
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Brian, just to echo what Rich said, everyone is welcome, whether in a DeLorean or not.

We are planning a scenic drive which will set off mid-late morning on the Saturday, with
various stop offs for refreshments and 'touristy bits'. I'm sure there will be a few cars with
spare seats so that you and your good lady can travel in a De - I know that Phill (my other half)
will have a spare seat in his car - I'll have our baby with me in my car Smile

Sunday, there is a ride out (optional), from where people can make there way home afterwards.

I've spoken to Stephen Wynne today from DMCH, he would have liked to come to this event,
especially as being so close to his home town, but he will be busy in the US preparing for the
DCS event out there a few days later. He is however sending over items to be raffled as part
of our fundraising for Parkinsons Research. On behalf of the DOC-UK I'd like to thank Stephen
and the team at DMCH for their generosity and support.

Regards,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:He is however sending over items to be raffled as part
of our fundraising for Parkinsons Research.

Top banana. That's very good of him! Mr Green
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Excellent news. Big Grin
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
stunned_monkey Wrote:Aluminium engine blocks and/or heads are ubiquitous - just don't use no-brand stuff is my advice. You don't need to drain the system completely, just anough to drop in 5l of neat anti-freeze. The quickest way would probably be to pop the rad fan switch out.

Mart, you should use all weather coolant which is derived from glycol ethylene, it stops the cooling system from freezing in the winter and keeps the engine cool in the hot weather. it is also good for all-alloy or engines with alloy components
Regards Jay Monk

VIN: # 3928
VIN: # 4989

[Image: garage3.jpg]
Thats great news will book up our room .Being new to the club scene its nice to be made so welcome lets hope we have the same weather that were getting now. cheers again Brian
Going to book in tomorrow! Smile
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop