Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event - Chirk, Shropshire, 11-13 June 2010
ah, you should read your club mags and the AGM minutes matey, cos this was announced
last November/December :wink:

Got the whole nipper thing sussed, the hotel at Chirk supply a cot £FOC, the baby seat is
tried and tested in the car, and the buggy/pram/travelsystem thingy fits on back shelf. Rest
of my car can be filled with nappies and wipes (RichH said his sister got through industrial
quantities of those with her two), which means everything else goes in Phill's car - and if
we get really stuck, then there's the DeLorean Luggage rack that I got off Dan Shane but have
never got around to fitting Mr Green

Hope you can make it, with the plans that we have afoot at the moment, its promising to be
a great weekend, and something abit different too :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
If I've done it right, I've also managed to make a Facebook page for this event along with
creating a DOC-UK Facebook Account.

Please feel free to sign up! Smile http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?p ... 4610499160
I just happened to drive passed the Moreton Hotel on Sunday, Its very easy to get to, there's also a large petrol station on the other side of the roundabout....which is convenient :wink:
Really looking forward to it now, finally a Delorean show that isn't too far away! Big Grin
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Stuart Rees Wrote:finally a Delorean show that isn't too far away! Big Grin

Hi Stuart, glad to hear you are coming along next year - and you are a prime example
of a someone who will benefit from rotating the summer meet up round the country -
which is exactly what its designed to do Big Grin

Cheers,
Think we'll be up for this - haven't booked anything yet but I reckon we'll be able to come along...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
lol, well I know what you're like for having your weekends booked up! :lol:

Hope you and Roisin can make it - only 3 months to go now!
Interested to know how many of you guys (and gals) already registered to this event

Welmoed.
Welmoed

DCN #261
black VIN #6513 1981-11
Toyota Prius III 2009-07
its on my list of 'to do' jobs (when the baby gives me 5 minutes peace that is! lol).

Are you or any of the other Dutch/Belgian club members coming over? We are offering something
different in a different, and stunningly beautiful part of the country Smile

The event is open to everyone, whether you own a DeLorean or not - and there's less
then 3 months to go !! Shock
Up to now I only know of 3 cars going to England.
Whether they are bound for Hunstanton, Chirk or both I do not know.

We have an option on the ferry that end April 30st.
So by that time we know the numbers and destination.

Welmoed.
Welmoed

DCN #261
black VIN #6513 1981-11
Toyota Prius III 2009-07
I should be able to join for one day Smile
thats great news Scott and Welmoed, look forward to seeing you Big Grin
...I know i've been replying to some people about this event, and saying that it was impossible for me to attend this due to being in Korea, BUT....Rissy is trying to work some MAGIC so that he, Clare (g/f), and Lexi Baby can attend! 8)

If i can wangle it, at all, it'll be tight. I'll need to fly into the UK, get LEX a new bill of health with M.O.T, nice new TAX disc, get front shocks replaced with my new ones obtainted from Martin last year (!), fix both a normal oil leak coming from the sump, and oil leak coming from the gearbox (Yikes! i have NO idea how much oil is still in there!?) and finally, adjust my gear linkage cable to allow second gear to work properly again (doesn't want to slip into 2nd from 3rd, AT ALL! but is fine from 1st to 2nd!?).... SO, if i can do all that in the space of a week, i'm delaying my holiday date of return, and extending my holiday length in order to hopefully make it. My only problem is, i'll have to book the hotel for Friday and Saturday nights, in advance of me knowing if i'll even be able to get LEX out her bed for it or not!? (lazy lump!)

FINGERS CROSSED! :wink:

(This will essentially BE my summer holiday if i pull it off)

Will be cool to see you all there. Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
With regards to a quick fix of an oil leak on either the engine of the gearbox - that might not be a quick job! If its the sump seal you have to jack the engine up to get at the bolts forward of the engine. On the gearbox it might be wirth filling it up and waiting aswell because you'll need a few hands to get it out unless you build a cradle and jack it down but thats fun and games I can tell you. I'd leave both leaks till you have more time. Just fill them up and keep mopping Smile That cable linkage is so tempremental. Mine stopped going into reverse out of the blue and I needed to adjust the cable slightly to get it in. If its just the cable issue It wont be too hard to adjust. Good Luck!
I'm told (and from my experience) sump gasket failures are rare, most probably the oil pressure senders either side of the block, oil seal on timing cover, Etc Etc!!!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Wow Rissy, that sounds like one hell of a mission...

<cue mission impossible music...dun dun der der, dun dun der der>

Would be great to see you there.

I agree with Chris, the engine oil leak is 95% likely to be the oil pressure switch on the left hand side of the engine. 10 minute fix.

As for the gearbox leak, there's not much you can do to fix it without taking the gearbox out. The filler plug can sometimes weep, or possibly the reverse light switch (is yours a manual?) The gearbox holds a lot of oil, unless its pouring out take Scotts advice, top it up and mop it up....
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.