Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vin 1621 for sale shortly
hi

unfortunately vin 1621 will be for sale shortly.

i have a hefty tax bill, and 2 kids to feed, so 1621 i think will have to be sold..shame.

is a black interior manual gas flap.

been in the UK about 4 years, loads of new parts where required and reconditioned where possible.
includes new screen, fully refurbished wheels (original matched grey), repainted fascias, had the Chris Nicholson treatment (rebrush, painted air intakes, wipers etc etc.)
new steering bush, new seatrunners and adjust bars, 2 new lights, new plugs, ht leads, dizzy, y pipe connectors, recon y pipe,recon calipers, new discs all round, new pads, new front bearings, new heater pipe (under y pipe), recon Valley with HT paint, new door handles, new TABS by Chris, new fuel pump, filter tank pickup system by specialTauto
only 14500 miles, original window stickers plus some other paperwork, uk registered, will have 12 months mot.
interior needs new seat leather. headliner board is out the car but i have new material from DaveH, original craig works (on one speaker though trying to sort!).

under is pretty clean, a few bits of epoxy to patch up but i would say pretty good.

just trying to get back on the road after sorn 5 months, have a new heater resistor.

exterior is great and nothing needed. engine just fitting the new HT leads. has new battery.

as the interior needs the seat covers (one black and one grey at the moment) i was looking for about £14750

open to any inspection tests etc whatso ever, i have nothing to hide. do not want to sell really

regards

Steve
vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Good luck with this - sounds like a very reasonable price for the condition.
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I'll definitely come and see when you're ready; the American beasts aren't costing me much Wink
Richard - car obsessive, musician, writer, photographer. 149 cars since 1992.
Current: 300C Hemi Touring, SLK 230K, A170 CDi, Xantia

Can also be seen anywhere the 80s can be found, near old computers, and around Market Harborough
sorry to hear that Steve, especially after all the work you've put into car.

Richard - are you about this weekend? Got Malc & Gaye Lomas and RichH (DOC-UK Technical
Advisor) coming over on Saturday for a petrol head session Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire - possibly - I was going to go see friends in Melton and then possibly London, but there's an amount of cat herding so I might give up! I hadn't realised my house sale is done a week on Friday?! These things always creep up on you Big Grin

Can also be seen anywhere the 80s can be found, near old computers, and around Market Harborough
hi
thought i would add to my list!.
new accumulator, new fuel tank, stainless brackets under battery, new bonnet brackets, new light buckets, new rpm relay, new vacuum pipes, new vac unit, nos warm up regulator, recon water pump, new hoses to pump, new roll bar bushes, new stainless brake hoses to each wheel, new air filter, new oil and filter, water bypass kit fitted, new inner and outer door seals, new tyres all round (P600 rears), recon rock screen, repainted window surrounds.
car sits on US springs but have a set of lowered springs to go with car.

i also have a turbo might be available at extra cost. (unfitted!).

the fuel computer has been tested fine (Martin DMUK)

as you can see many many £££'s spent and like Phil Peters i am particular about originality where i can be.

could do with a new exhaust heat shield, seat leather (but perfectly usable at present), gear stick leather, cargo net. carpet behind passenger has a rip but not noticeable at all. and passenger seat had a rusty seat runner (new ones now) so a bit of stain behind the seat but unable to see when the seat is in its normal position.
car was stored for 15 years in New York State, and had one US owner. i even have documents with the key number on from purchase.
instrument pod is undamaged, and the dash is 99% crack free.
stainless has no dings and no scratches and no X
aircon i have never installed the drive belt so not sure if it would work...all the parts are there though and i see no reason why it should not work with a regas and drive belt.

will make a great car for an enthusiast and hopefully a club member.

Regards

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
RichardKC6 Wrote:Claire - possibly - I was going to go see friends in Melton and then possibly London, but there's an amount of cat herding so I might give up! I hadn't realised my house sale is done a week on Friday?! These things always creep up on you Big Grin

okey dokes mate - drop me a PM if you are and I'll let you have our home phone number
and destructions on how to get here - failing that, you can always come over to Gaydon
on 28th June for Supercar Sunday Smile
Sorry to see you need to sell the car Steve, following your updates on the forum over the past few years I can tell you've put a lot of work into it. I'd like to see some pictures of the car.
Cheers,
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
yes, certainly do not want to sell. but needs must (and the tax man!)

i have some work coming in, but not enough paying.

yes stuart, will sort some pics out shortly. the alternator has gone (well not charging) so i am taking off for a recon.
when back on might try the aircon belt as well to see if that works ok.

yes much time, effort and money spent...the hours i spent under that car, even changed the clutch slave by hugging the gear box underneath!.
that reminds me, clutch master rebuilt, clutch slave rebuilt, i think i had a new brake master, new hot stove pipe,
everytime i think of the car, i remember more parts i reconned.

ayway, i hope that when i do sell, and when funds recover i will become an owner again. once you've got the bug!!!

regards

Steve
vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Steve, the house sale completes next week. Whilst I'd be pushing my budgets, any chance I could see the car soon?

Claire Usher Wrote:
RichardKC6 Wrote:Claire - possibly - I was going to go see friends in Melton and then possibly London, but there's an amount of cat herding so I might give up! I hadn't realised my house sale is done a week on Friday?! These things always creep up on you Big Grin

okey dokes mate - drop me a PM if you are and I'll let you have our home phone number
and destructions on how to get here - failing that, you can always come over to Gaydon
on 28th June for Supercar Sunday Smile

I'd have loved to, but hayfever got me Sad. I need a lawn tractor! 8 hours exposure to pollen, the lawn's got to knee height, and I'm still only 1/2 way done Sad

RichardKC6 Wrote:..... hayfever got me Sad. I need a lawn tractor! 8 hours exposure to pollen, the lawn's got to knee height, and I'm still only 1/2 way done Sad

know the feeling mate - I literally have to wade through the grass in our orchard to get to
the veggie patch, and it takes Phill about 2hrs to do the other lawns on the ride on mower.

I really must get a goat..... :lol: