Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over-rotating gear knob
On my car when you rotate the gear knob so it's tight on the gearstick it ends up upside down. This makes no difference whatsoever to its functionality but is aesthetically annoying nonetheless.

Is there a sensible fix out there before I get out the blue-tac and shove it on the end of my gearstick?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I dont think there is one, I had the same prob on my manual...I think I stuffed some paper in it!

Al
I had the same problem on mine.

On the end of my gear stick there is a nut, (I don't know if its meant to be there or not) I just kept rotating that a little bit then screw the knob up to it, then undo it, turn the nut a bit more then screw the knob on again until it was right.

Only delorean could of made a car that even the gearnob doesn't work!
VIN: 6511
Use washers under the gear gator to adjust the tightening point of the gear knob.

One washer is about half a turn.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Thread Lock is what you need
The nut below the gear Knob is a lock nut!

Turn the Knob so the gears are in line and lock it off with the nut (just like a tappet) :roll:

The nut does sit up into the knob and is tricky to put a spanner on, so you can space it down with washers to make it easier to get at with your spanner. :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Over Rotating knob eh!

I had that once, my advice see a doctor.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Cheers all! Won't be getting my car back till this weekend so expect to see me playing with my knob until I'm satisfied at Eurotec! Mr Green
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Are you coming up on the saturday?
Hoping to pick up the car from Chris's sometime Friday afternoon and be up in time for dinner... that's the plan anyway! How about you?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I'm heading up friday morning to get there about lunchtime-ish. Providing the delorean doesn't blow up on the way, or bits drop off it. When you arrive I might be swearing at it in the carpark :wink:
Dan1986 Wrote:I'm heading up friday morning to get there about lunchtime-ish. Providing the delorean doesn't blow up on the way, or bits drop off it. When you arrive I might be swearing at it in the carpark :wink:

Dan you really have started to sound like me and jay lol TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
:lol: Haha, its just been a bit of a pain recently thats all, but I'm sure it will be fine really.
Tourettes Tony Wrote:
Dan1986 Wrote:I'm heading up friday morning to get there about lunchtime-ish. Providing the delorean doesn't blow up on the way, or bits drop off it. When you arrive I might be swearing at it in the carpark :wink:

Dan you really have started to sound like me and jay lol TT
Jusdt dont start beating it Basil Fawlty style in the middle of the road! :lol:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584