Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Pump.
Are you still coming along for the fun, friendship, time out etc etc???

NickT
i can pop over next week sometime and help you change your waterpump if you like, i'd be no good with the computer, but if it means not taking it to eurotec because of a nut and bolt job i'll do it. Hey i'll even clean it if you keep me in brews :lol: :lol:
tom
vin 7155
DOC372
Coolio!
Yeah, I'll still be coming Nick. I just dont want to go without my D thats all. Ive not been driving for over a year, and now that the DVLA tell me I can drive again Im more than eager to get BAKNTIM back on the road. 8)
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
tom inman Wrote:i can pop over next week sometime and help you change your waterpump if you like, i'd be no good with the computer, but if it means not taking it to eurotec because of a nut and bolt job i'll do it. Hey i'll even clean it if you keep me in brews :lol: :lol:

That would be awesome. :^)
Birksie Wrote:
tom inman Wrote:i can pop over next week sometime and help you change your waterpump if you like, i'd be no good with the computer, but if it means not taking it to eurotec because of a nut and bolt job i'll do it. Hey i'll even clean it if you keep me in brews :lol: :lol:

That would be awesome. :^)

Give me a call when you plan to do it see if I am free.

NickT.
Just this minute had a phonecall from the garage that has me D for the pump swap, and they've had to send the old pump away for the pully removing, so they can attach it to the new pump.
And guess what? It doesnt fit. Im furious. :evil:
Whay on earth would the old pully not fit the new pump?
The guy at the garage said "Its like throwing a sausage through a tunnel"

I CANT BELIECE MY BLOODY LUCK Sad
Forked out all that cash for sod all.
Hi Paul, Can you find a machine shop to make up a collar to press onto the pump to bring it up to the right size?
VIN: 6511
Thats what I asked him, but he doesnt know anyone that could.
If I knew what dimensions we were talking about then I could get someone to make one somewhere.
I didnt realise there were different sized pulleys and/or shafts.
I have a spare water pump with the flange and 4 bolt holes if you are desperate, but you would need to get hold of an "adaptor pulley"

Either that or buy a water pump with the pulley on etc.

I can't remember if I kept my old pump or pulley or not, I will have a dig in my cupboard but I am sure I chucked it.

This is one of those situations that could be helped if some spares were held.

NickT.
Yeah too right.
Cheers Nick.
Im off out to the garage now, so if you want to contact me, you have my number.
Alternatively, just leave a post on here, I'll take the laptop with me.
Hope you have one! Smile
I know it doesnt help you now but if you were to give the pump to say NickT... i wouldnt mind giving it to / swapping it with Ed over the weekend if you say wanted a replacement one with the pulley on Paul.

If so just check with Ed re swapping it etc...
Thanks anyway mike. Ive sorted it. Been in touch with Dave Howarth and sourced a complete one with pulley. The garage should have it tomorrow. Fingers Crossed! Shock
Thanks Mike.
Good news. Hope it works out.

I don't have the old pump or pulley, I have had a look through my spares.

NickT
Thanks for the time Nick. I know you'd help if you could. Thanks again matey.
Remind me to give you a big gay kiss at Eurotec.
Just a quicky,

If the pump is a re-conditioned pump, double check that the impeller sticks out at the back the same length as the original one.

I think Julian had a problem with the impeller not being quite at the right place causing not to pump as effective.

Double check and compare 1 pump to the other etc.

Good luck,

NickT