Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternator wanted
(And Dave is also trying to read the part number off his...)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I am expecting some alternators within next few weeks, sorry I cant help sooner.
Thanks Al!

Dave H is trying a contact for me, so we might be sorted yet! Will keep you all posted!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Ah so it was you then Rich, Dave called me and was asking about my old alternator which I left in his garage, even told him where I left it Mr Green Do you know if he found it? If you do fit it then it bolts right up as per the Motorola but you either need a rounded adjustment bracket or what the PO did to mine was fit two stock adjusters bolted to each other..only thing is they often slipped no matter how tight they were. But do well as a stop gap.

Did you speak to Sahibs Auto Electrics then?
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Hey Chris - yep, twas me.

I MAY be sorted, so haven't been on to Sahib's yet - I have tracked down a second-hand Ducellier one to keep me going for now. I had a look on Sahib's website and there was nothing listed under Delorean - hence the question about whether it was the same as an Alpine one. The other difficulty I would have had was getting down there during working hours!

Dave did look but couldn't find the one you left behind.

I also tried a Volvo breaker but found that he Volvo equivalent is a much bigger unit, and I think the rear mount is wrong. Would be tempted to try one when not in a rush though!

So, anyway, last night I had a LONG drive and as a result have a tired looking but reportedly functional Ducellier collected at 9:50pm!

Result! Just need to do womething strange with a feed wire now I think!

The main issue wasn't getting a replacement, but more how to get a replacement this week to fit tonight, to use the car tomorrow!

As ever, always a rush!!!

Thanks for all your help guys,

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126