Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member returning
Hi Claire,

I didn't want to guess at who had the Delorean & Sera, but Phil will probably have seen me rambling on on the Sera forum; despite not having owned a Sera for a couple of years, I'm still a mod there, and I do pop in occasionally (will do so more often once I've got settled here, and I'll go over my old Sera documents and update the site). Discs on the rear? Beam from a Starlet?

I'd love a run up to Derbyshire, I've got some other friends around Alfreton I owe a visit to as well. And I've got a friend at the other end of the M5 who just moved, so I reckon a housewarming trip and trip to see some Deloreans might be a good idea - shame he sold his Elise, otherwise I could have encouraged me to give me a lift...

Couldn't justify an Avantime AND a C6, they basically do the same job (I expect the Renault is easier to place on the road, though).

I've sent off my fees, so I'm waiting to see if I get my old DOC number back or a new one Big Grin
Richard - car obsessive, musician, writer, photographer. 149 cars since 1992.
Current: 300C Hemi Touring, SLK 230K, A170 CDi, Xantia

Can also be seen anywhere the 80s can be found, near old computers, and around Market Harborough
Quote:Hi Al,

What was the car like? Was it as good as it sounded? IIRC it had a full workshop manual and all sorts of other nice bits, and a really tidy interior! What happened to it?

Hi Richard

Its in the North East somewhere now, it last changed hands for around 17k and is also stripped back to stainless.

Yes the interior was in exceptional condition.
haha, thats no probs Richard - we are about 2 miles from Alfreton, so drop me a PM when you
want to come over and we'll sort summat out Big Grin

I quite like the look of the Citroen C6 - although would really love an old DS Smile

Phill's Sera has ABS, so rear discs are standard. Not sure what is compatible against a Starlet
tho, but I now some Corolla and Paseo bits are common to the Sera.

Look forward to seeing you soon,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Oooh, an ABS Sera. Those are rare!

Edit: I'll bring the C6, you can have a go if you want - but they're surprisingly dull (or perhaps not, as a 21st century car based on a Peugeot 407/Citroën C5 might predictably be). Nothing like the "CX without the drama" that I had hoped for, but as a modern car, I still like it, and still think it's the best thing this side of a Bristol I could have gone for!

Al, I can't believe the car was stripped and made a profit. Curses! I could entirely have justified doing that. Oh well! Did you strip it, or has it been done since?

Can also be seen anywhere the 80s can be found, near old computers, and around Market Harborough
RichardKC6 Wrote:Oooh, an ABS Sera. Those are rare!

Yep, plus its in Turquoise Mica - apparantly very few were made in that colour, plus is a
manual (rarer then the auto) and its got the SLSS audio in it - here's a few piccys:

[Image: DSCF0125.jpg]

and #16501 (bought as a write off for spares) - Phill is attempting the new Olympic sport
of Sera Surfing I think here!! lol

[Image: RIMG0198.jpg]

And here's Avi, posing at the Ace Cafe in London a few years ago Smile

[Image: DSCF0006-2.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0014.jpg]

Arty shot - I like this one :wink:

[Image: DSCF0011.jpg]

Like I say, let us know when you want to pop up, we're in Evesham 5-6 June, but other
then that we're about any weekend after that until the big Vauxhall show at Billing in
mid July Smile

Cheers,

Claire & Phill
Claire Usher Wrote:Phill is attempting the new Olympic sport of Sera Surfing I think here!! lol

[Image: RIMG0198.jpg]

Are you sure this isn't his Mad Max Phase!?! :lol: :lol:

THE HEGDE WARRIOR!!

:lol:

Robert
DOC was#520 Now#910, VIN# One Day
DeLorean Fund:On Hold (All Money On Kids!
I Need A FIVE Seater.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mad Phill more like!! lol
Claire Usher Wrote:Yep, plus its in Turquoise Mica - apparantly very few were made in that colour, plus is a
manual (rarer then the auto) and its got the SLSS audio in it - here's a few piccys:

[Image: DSCF0125.jpg]

Absolutely gorgeous, and I do remember that car.

Mine were:

[Image: KICX1137.jpg]

Atomic Monkey - 15350 - Phase III manual with 2-point belts and no ABS

[Image: topopen.jpg]

Bendy - 11613 - Phase 1 automatic - sadly departed, having earned the name Bendy from my sister's bf who ran into a Micra, the friends I sold it to crashed it quite badly on ice. They bought another one though!

[Image: KICX0427.jpg]

And my first Sera - 7734 - which suffered a blown headgasket, I sank a lot of money into it restoring it having found it abandoned in a used car lot with a smashed light and no interior. Sold it after having the engine rebuilt.

And yeah, my BT account is dmc12 - as is my Demon hostname. I really thought I was going to get that red car, or one soon after moving.

oooh, that red one is rather gawjus!! Big Grin