Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine service
Hi there,

I am going to do a service (oil and filters) on my delorean before eurotec and wondered if I should also change the spark plugs and leads as I've no idea when they were last changed, and I've done thousands of miles on them just since I've owned the car.

Does anyone know the bosch partnumbers for a set of leads?
Also I think the plugs are bosch H6DC is that correct?

I'll probably pop my dizzy cap off and give it a clean inside too. Just in case it looks worn (I doubt it), is the dizzy cap and rotor for a volvo 760 the same as a delorean one?

Cheers, Dan
VIN: 6511
On Chris N's recommendation I got a set of these for mine http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPARK-PLUGS-FITS-R...7C294%3A50

Chris reckons they're cheaper than he can even get through the trade...

Cheers
G
VIN 7176
DOC 643
HR6DC.

If the leads are fine and not causing a misfire I would leave them.
Then again I am from Yorkshire.......

NickT
Whats the difference between H6DC and HR6DC? I got H6DC from a volvo 760 list.

I think I will put a set of leads on it as it does misfire occasionally. Its more noticeable now with the new engine mounts you can feel the odd shudder when its ticking over sometimes. If I ask for a set of volvo 760 leads will they be ok? I wasn't sure if the lead from the coil would be the right length if the coil is in a different place on a volvo?

Cheers.
Dan
VIN: 6511
R - Resistive. Supposed to reduce radio interference.

As a note, I had a slight misfire and it turned out to be a poor operating injector.

NickT.
GSF used to do the lead set Volvo 260 I think. Not sure if they still carry them. I got mine for £20.00.
So maybe they would be worth a call.
Expect to pay big bucks, around £100. If you go to a Volvo dealer for a set.

Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
I got a set off ebay for £12 although I had to adapt the end by snipping off the original plug end rubber and feeding the original sink plug type rubber end from the old to the new set (Tip from Bozzzy there !)

NickT
my leads were off a renault 30 if i recall TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor