Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car leaning over
I have just been out for a drive in the delorean and came back home and parked up on the drive. I noticed that the car is sitting a tiny bit lower on the drivers side than the passenger side. Is this normal considering all 4 springs have been uncompressed for months and the drivers side has settled down quicker because of going round roundabouts and having 85kg sitting in the drivers seat?

Do you think if I go out with somone in the passenger side and throw it round some left hand bends it will all settle down or is something else wrong?
VIN: 6511
Eh up Dan

Did you tighten all the suspension bolts finally with the weight of the car on them to avoid 'preload'

It does take a while to settle in but i would expect both to be more or less the same at both sides ... you could try bouncing the suspension / car up and down to see if it settles more on the passenger side

How much are we talking about?
Its hard to say how much, its just noticeable. Probably talking 5mm maybe a touch more.

Yes I did tighten the bolts with the weight on it, although I think you don't have do with the poly bushes as the inner tube isn't bonded to the bush like a rubber one.
I've just been for another drive round, a long one this time and found an empty carpark to go round in circles left and right. I parked it on the flat afterwards and it sat perfectly. I went for a bit more of a drive round and came home but yet again it sits slightly out on my drive.

A friend suggested its the new poly bushes because they don't make the arms spring back like rubber ones do and as I have to do a sharp right to get into my drive, the suspension doesn't spring right back up on that side as its all new and tight. Its probably me being fussy as well and most people probably wouldn't notice it :wink:
Dan1986 Wrote:Its probably me being fussy as well and most people probably wouldn't notice it :wink:

5mm ! 5mm! Great Scott. How can you sleep at night :lol:

Congrats on getting the car back together.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Dan1986 Wrote:. Is this normal considering all 4 springs have been uncompressed for months and the drivers side has settled down quicker because of going round roundabouts and having 85kg sitting in the drivers seat??

85kg? Been working out Dan?! Big Grin

Chris N told me that the euro springs on the front can be different heights and pointed out to me that the gap between tyre and wing was different between each side on my car. I hadn't noticed previously. Perhaps it could be something to do with this?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Maybe it just needs to settle and bed in more... How abut driving it loads and then it can be tweaked/looked at on mass at the Eurotech session... Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed