Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering Column Bushing
Please tell me that this silly bit of plastic isn't unavailable in this country....!?

I haven't seen it in person, but my car has failed on this today, due to it being split into multiple pieces, and apparently isn't fixable using Duck tape :wink:
I know the column is a Rover one, but I assume that the bushing is bespoke?
Along with the UJ on mine the steering bushing needed changing so I ordered one from Ed. Only 15 euros odd for one of his clever split ones you can fit v easily. Might be worth it if you can wait a few days for it to arrive...
VIN 7176
DOC 643
That's not this one then? http://www.delorean.eu/product_info.php?products_id=177
If not I can't seem to find the split one on his site - Not removing the column/breaking something else would definately be preferable!
I have a brand new one spare if you need it but its not a split one, its a proper one so you will have to pop column out. Not that hard to do though (compared to some jobs on deloreans)
VIN: 6511
Thanks Dan! - Hopefully that's saved the dayMr Green Mr Green
[Image: stripped.jpg]
LOL... poor Arran will be thinking all that lot has to come off now Smile Smile
arranj Wrote:That's not this one then? http://www.delorean.eu/product_info.php?products_id=177
If not I can't seem to find the split one on his site - Not removing the column/breaking something else would definately be preferable!

He doesn't have the new one on his site- probably best to email him and ask about it if you don't fancy taking the car apart!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Well with Dan's help it looks like I might get it Thursday, so my man at the garage can spend tomorrow disassembling the column while the car is still there! Hopefully the UJ will be fine, so might be able to MOT it again on Thursday. I'm MOTing the kit car tomorrow, which is usually a lot easier to get through....
If you had phoned me 20 secs earlier Arran, Dan wouldnt have just got in his car and he would have said he had one!

I was just walking back in the building......
Dan1986 Wrote:[Image: stripped.jpg]

do you know what Dan your car looks exactly the same inside as mine :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Quote:Well with Dan's help it looks like I might get it Thursday, so my man at the garage can spend tomorrow disassembling the column while the car is still there! Hopefully the UJ will be fine, so might be able to MOT it again on Thursday. I'm MOTing the kit car tomorrow, which is usually a lot easier to get through....

It isnt too awkward!, especially if its been off before.
Yeah its not hard to do. You can get it off without taking the binnacle off.

Actually Tony mine doesn't look the same, it has a different radio :wink:
Ah right - you mean it's more than just taking the front left wheel off, then undoing the pinch bolt that goes through the lower end of the steering column?
Hi Arran your right it should just be that but if its been on for a while its probably got a bit stuck and need wiggling about a bit. It shouldn't be too bad though.