Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DCN Celebration Fall Tour
On Behalf of Welmoed, and the Dutch DeLorean club

Dear Fellow Club Board members,

This year our Dutch DeLorean Club (DCN) celebrates the founding of the club in 1999.

Spring this year we celebrate this anniversary with our members.

The second part of our anniversary event will take place September 19 and 20 (Saturday and Sunday).

For this celebration we have chosen the northern region of our country, the beautiful province of Friesland.

This region is worldwide known for the skating tour along eleven cities in that region in winter and for sailing in summer.

We intend to follow the same route along the eleven cities for the fall tour.

However since our cars can't swim, we reluctantly have chosen to use the available roads.

The planned route is some 240 km (150 Miles), starting and ending in the city of Leeuwarden.

Approx. halfway we plan to stop at a hotel near a beautiful lake, have dinner and a nice get-together in the evening.

We stay the night in this hotel and leave after breakfast next morning for the last part of the trip.

The board of DCN invites your club and its members to join us in the celebration.

Please inform your members of our intentions and ask if they want to join or not.

Information can also be found – in English - on our website http://forum.delorean.nl/showthread.php?tid=208.

For travelers who come from far away, we can arrange overnight stay on Friday to be able to be in time for the tour.

Overnight stay Friday at the stop-over hotel is approx. € 45,00 and on Sunday € 35,00.

All DeLorean owners will receive a personal memento.

The total cost is euro 95,00 per person for the entire event.

The hotel and dinner on September 19 as well as breakfast on September 20 are included in the registration fee.

Pre- and post-event hotel and food is not included in the registration fee.

Should members of your club like to participate they can send an e-mail to me.

This e-mail is considered to be a pre-registration and has to be sent as soon as possible to assure our tour hotel booking.

The pre-registration will close June 30st 2009.

In this registration e-mail the following must be provided:

- name and full address of the participant (for the registration invoice)

- the number of attendees

- the driver's cell phone number, for emergency purposes

- the car's VIN

- if a pre-event overnight hotel is required

- if a post-event overnight hotel is required

After reception of the pre- registration a confirmation will be sent.

This confirmation contains all necessary information for hotels to ensure the overnight stays if applicable.

An invoice will be added to the confirmation with the total cost to be transferred into the DCN bank account.

After the payment has been received, the registration is completed and valid.

Looking forward to meeting you all at our event.

Warm Regards,

Welmoed Jonker

President.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
that is a very reasonably priced event - will have to consider attending that! Smile

What would be the ferry port? Rotterdam? Sailing out of the UK from Harwich?

Anyone else from the UK thinking of going to this? Be nice to drive our LHD cars on the
'wrong side' of the road lol :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I've taken the ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland. Hull goes to rotterdam, or you can do what I've done the last three times and go through eurotunnel and drive round.
VIN: 6511
How do the costs vary Dan? Obviously crossing the water (either over or under) will probably be the most expensive bit.

Makes no odds to us going via Hull or Harwich, either way its about a 2-3 hour journey for us.
Eurotunnel can be as little as 40 quid return, but it depends on what time you go and how long your away for. My day trips to Ed's were cheap because I went about 4 in the morning and came back about 9 in the evening and it was just one day. When I went from Harwich it was about 150 quid return, but I had to pay extra for a cabin on the way back as it was overnight. Plus dinner on the ship is all extra too but not much. Thats with StenaLine.

Glens the man to ask about going from Hull. I remember him saying it was very expensive though.
I am thinking of going to this too but I would probably fly from Leeds to Schippol.

NickT.
Balls its the DOI royal delorean weekend - 12th and 13th September 2009 Sad Not sure I can really afford both Sad
oh, I'd forgotten about that - and Ireland last year sounded like a right laugh from
what Julian told us.........

Darn.......... :roll:
Could do Ireland, then the following weekend Holland, then the following weekend Las Vegas, that would be a good month Big Grin
Gee ... id need a better paid job then

Sad

It wil be great to see our friends across the water again and support their meet ups too.
hi all

all the times i go over i have gone from hull to rotterdam ok its not the cheap way but you make it into a little holiday me malc, dan shane, danny boy ,paul birks and evan my dad have been over there a few times by boat to support eds events and there club events somtimes i fly its what ever works out right at the time really but this would be a good time to show other clubs that the uk can adventure out side of the uk as we have allways enyoyed it over there evan if you drive your own car not a delorean ed uding welcome you over there .....

glen & sam
cheers for the info Glen - I'd probably want the shortest sea crossing tho, as I'm not renowned for my sea legs shall we say :oops:

Mind you, after the meetings at work today, I dont even know if I'll have a job or not next week Cry