Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
82 exhaust and cat bypass pipe for sale
Agreed, with time your frame will go rusty Sad
bozzzydmc Wrote:Agreed, with time your frame will go rusty Sad

I'm going to have a proper look when I get the car back. Only problem is that any fix is either a proper bodge or a real shag (take off whole exhaust, send back, perhaps get new one, re-fit). So I'll want to make sure it's going to be a real problem before I go down either of those routes...
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Hi Gez

I dont think you would have to take the whole thing off, in a cpl of days I will know if mine hits the frame if it does its going back.

Al
Hi Al, is your mechanic friend fitting yours at his garage in braintree? A mate of mine said he saw a delorean in a garage in town yesterday so I assumed it must be yours.
VIN: 6511
Yes it is mate, the garage is in Lakes Rd, its on the 3rd ramp over nearest the road.

There was a Bristol next to it yesterday, and a Maserati Ghibli II Bi-Turbo.
Blimey he gets some interesting cars in there then. My mate only noticed the delorean though :wink:
Yes he does, over the years I have seen all sorts there...one of the things that stands out was a barn stored BSA Scout of which there isnt hardly any left, he had it going fairly quickly MOT'd it, and one day went down the A12 in it.

He reckoned it reached at least a top speed of 28mph!

Also he is fitting a Rover V8 into a Triumph Spitfire, should be interesting.
This is the gap on mine, pretty much the same both sides

[Image: dri1.jpg]

[Image: pass1.jpg]

I assume that is the area you are talking about?

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Unless I've got bamboozled by the angle, I don't think so... The gap in question on mine is between the underside of the Y on the frame (when viewed from above) and the top of the exhaust pipe a few inches after it comes out of the back box where it goes underneath the frame.
This is from memory so correct me Dan if this is misleading!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
i really should do a cat bypass on my car Shock
DOC 527
Vin #10264
MikeH Wrote:i really should do a cat bypass on my car Shock

You can have my Cat Bypass pipe for £25 complete with bolts, I'm not going to use it now I have the new system I think I paid about £45-65 when I bought it a few years back.

it will need a gasget and exhaust clamp (probably £5 in total)

Not sure on postage but I was planing on taking it to Euro tec to try and flog it.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Thanks for the offer but i have one lined up nowSmile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
JamesRGUK Wrote:
MikeH Wrote:i really should do a cat bypass on my car Shock

You can have my Cat Bypass pipe for £25 complete with bolts, I'm not going to use it now I have the new system I think I paid about £45-65 when I bought it a few years back.

it will need a gasget and exhaust clamp (probably £5 in total)

Not sure on postage but I was planing on taking it to Euro tec to try and flog it.

James

If you don't get any offers James I may take you up on it. It can't be worse than the poor fitting one I have.

NickT
I have Bozzy's old one that I'll be bringing to eurotec.