Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean in todays Derby Evening Telegraph
Hi all,

so who wants to fess up to their car being the one in the promo article about
Advanced Autobody in Derby today?

The car looks like a phase 2, with grooved bonnet and grey interior, but the front
number plate has been blanked out.

I'll try and put a piccy up of it over the weekend.

Ironically, I used Advanced Autobody 3 years ago to refurb my wheels, but to be honest, I've
become disappointed with the results as time has gone on, and the company I work for
have also stopped using them too (for all cosmetic work) as we had to keep sending cars
back to them to get them up to standard. Basically, the paint on my wheels is 'spidering'
and coming off - and the car has probably done less then 2500 miles since they were done,
and has been garaged when not in use. This of course is my experiences only and the last
time I/we had any dealings with them was over a year ago.

Whenever I can afford/have time to get my chassis done, I'll get the place that Julian used
to do his wheels and chassis to do mine, as the finish on his wheels is fantastic.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Claire,
Not guilty on the pic in the paper. Don't want to hijack the thread but just had my wheels re-finished by a local company in Huntingdon. Bead blasted, powder coated, baked and finished in german silver. They did a great job. Just need to make the rest of the car look as good as the wheels
now :roll: .
http://www.wheelgenie.co.uk

Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
I've only just spotted this post!

I used them to do my wheels about 2 months ago - but they never mentioned using the car for a photo shoot! Cheeky beggars. They did mention Claire at Mertrux so I knew I had the same place as you had yours done.

If you take your car to them, (or indeed anywhere) take the fuse out of your electric window circuit - the car came back with the glass popped off the runers and someone had obviously 'had a go' at getting it back on!

I hate having anyone else work on my car except me - at least I know what I've done!

The job itself was pretty good though, very impressed with it. Gets a 9/10.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I showed the article to Rich on Monday night, and he thought it was your car.

Cheeky sods. I'd complain to them if I was you!!! They are using your car for advertising
without your consent!! And as for messing up your window.........

My bosses stopped using them because of the poor quality work - they didnt seem to
grasp that Mercedes need prepping to a better standard then Ford Fiesta...... :roll:

The paint on my alloys went all 'spidery', so to be honest, I'm not that happy with the
work, and when funds allow, I'll be sending mine off to the place that did Julians wheels
to get re-done - annoying really, as it will then cost me a total of nearly £500 to get my
wheels done Sad

I'll try and scan the article tonight and post it up here.
Funny how you can recognise a car even though they're 'all the same' isn't it?

I should make a fuss but i really can't be bothered! Would still be interested to see the ad at some point though - my car has been in the Telegraph! Fame at last...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
well I'd at least phone them Rich, they have used your car without your permission!!

RichH spotted it was your car - he'd noticed a few things on it that he knew your
car had (geek) Tongue

I'll try and remember to scan it and put it on here tonight/over the weekend for you.