Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Russel-Grant's Switch Emblems.
Got round to putting these on today, and I must say highly recommended.

I've had them nearly 12 months, and only just got round to fitting them......

[Image: SWITCH_STICKERS.JPG]

The results :

[Image: n737818879_1489006_2891771.jpg]

Excuse the overly sized Fog light LED, unfortunately fitting this without a huge grommet proved impossible Sad

These can be purchased from James at :

http://www.newoldbits.co.uk/

Ben
James, where did you get your stainless shift plate from? Cheers!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Hi Ben, my car has the fog light decal on the switch but the tell-tale light is wired to the Lamda light on the dash so it looks stock.
VIN: 6511
Hi jerzybondov

I'm Ben, not James...... thats the name of the guy you get the decals from!

My polished gearknob and shifter plate came from DMOCO at the following link....

http://www.dmoco.com/products.html

Costs about £250 for both, a doddle to fit, but the quality of the rubber boot they supply for the underside of the plate is pants. Mine split on fitting, and has got worse since.....

Hardly noticable though!

Ben
Hi Ben, Sorry for the mistaken identity, wasn't paying enough attention. Thanks for the info on the shift gate!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Dan1986 Wrote:Hi Ben, my car has the fog light decal on the switch but the tell-tale light is wired to the Lamda light on the dash so it looks stock.

Thats probably the best way Dan. Unfortunately though, my car still has the lambda counter etc, so its best left alone. I suppose it could serve dual purpose, but this way seemed far easier..... Smile
Hi Ben, the lamda light can work for both the lamda counter and the fog, as mine did. I have removed the lamda counter all together now and put in one long speedo cable so its less strain on the angle drive.
Ben,

Thanks for the feedback....

I will be bringing a load of these sticker sets to Calley hall this weekend if anyone requires a set, they cost a little more to produce this time (selling @ £9 per set free P&P) but I will do a bit of a discount at Calley Hall since I won't have to use and envelope + postage, it all adds up!

James

TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Got round to putting these on today, and I must say highly recommended.

The results :
Excuse the overly sized Fog light LED, unfortunately fitting this without a huge grommet proved impossible Sad

Ben
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Ben,

Thanks for the feedback....

I will be bringing a load of these sticker sets to Calley hall this weekend if anyone requires a set, they cost a little more to produce this time (selling @ £9 per set free P&P) but I will do a bit of a discount at Calley Hall since I won't have to use and envelope + postage, it all adds up!

James RG
www.newoldbits.co.uk

TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Got round to putting these on today, and I must say highly recommended.

The results :

Ben
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Hi James

I will take a set ...if only so people know how to get out of my car Wink

[Image: 8b2a_1.JPG]

Mike
hi

the fog, you can just about drill and fit a small led, with legs cut off to fine wire without a grommet at all.

then a small dab of glue under to hold in.

that what i did originally on mine.

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
That was the intention........ but the LED's i bought had holders which needed quite a large hole drilled, and when fitted, the holder was fine - but the LED kept moving up and down the holder. Glue wasnt an option as I only had superglue, and didn't want any "blooming" on the black plastic. Then I ended up with a hole too big in the switch, so its staying as it is now! It's raised nature also means it don't get missed if you knock it on with your elbow by accident changing gear.......Ben

PS James, i have not got the lock/unlock decals, so how much do you want for a pair for each door, and another fog light decal?

Cheers.

Ben
bozzzydmc Wrote:Hi James

I will take a set ...if only so people know how to get out of my car Wink

[Image: 8b2a_1.JPG]

Mike

Yeah, would have stopped Keeley Hawes from giving your headliner all that grief! :lol:

Best regards
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
Hi James,

Do you do a sticker for the headlight button?
Aaron May

DOC: 573
VIN: 16723 - the LPG delorean

1999 Corsa 1.2L GLS Auto

The Wii-Master!
The headlight sticker is transparent so the light shines through so probably one for houston.