Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
repairing the impact absorber.
hi

anyone repaired their impact absorbers? There's some polyurethane epoxy foam from Merlin Motor sport that i figure could be used to reform the shape of the impact absorber.

on the front of this car I've got there's a broken piece above one of the indicator lights. that's all.

cheers me dears
Dave.
Hi Dave,

How did you get on with this repair in the end?

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I'm curious too. I've got some damage to at least my front absorber I would have liked to have fixed last time I had the bumper off. Never seen the back, so can't comment on that one.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Phil Peters Wrote:Hi Dave,

How did you get on with this repair in the end?

Cheers,

Phil

Bloody hell! Hello stranger.
I thought you'd got lost in the 'valley of death' !
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
How do chap! Yes, as I mentioned here earlier on, it's been a while hasn't it? A combination of moving house several times, changing jobs, band stuff etc. pretty much wiped me out from any DeLorean action for a year or so. I think the Chirk event back in summer 2010 was probably the last DOC-related thing I was involved with? But even then I'd not been quite so active within the club.

Since Janaury this year though things seem to have settled down significantly and would you believe I've even manged to do some spannering on the car too. It feels good to be back! I've just been catching up on a couple of years worth of forum posts over the last few days Shock

I've changed email addresses in that time too so drop me a PM and we can have a proper catch up :-)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
hi

thanks for the reply :p

i used some expanding foam, althrough it didn't work that well. I had to cut it back to get it to look right. the foam has no use for impact absorbing, i just wanted to restor the foam to the way it looked.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
my 5cents:
Anthony's (VIN 4528) shock absorber was missing, he ask me for a new one moulded from mine.
I used fiberglass filled expansive foam, with a touch of paint.
Result looks cool, even betther than craked mine

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Cheers,
VIN 4500
Nice work! Big Grin
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
nice work! 8)

a