Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bricklin .....
Hi all,

As my car seems to be between breakdowns at the moment, I'm enjoying the spectacle of people gawping at it when I go past. Sadly, there are at least two D's in Malvern now, so they becoming a bit run of the mill. People have stopped walking into lamp posts, falling off their bikes etc. So ....

The Bricklin looks almost as "unique" as the Delorean and I've never seen one. Are there any Bricklins in the UK? How do they compare? Would they be easy to service?

Dyf
DOC 529
VIN 6383
Probably best to trawl the US forums for more chat on how the Bricklin compares to the DeLorean:
http://www.dmctalk.com/search.php?searchid=277470

From what I know about the Bricklin, it's faster than the D, but has dodgy doors and doesn't like corners. There must be 1 or 2 in the UK I'd have thought, but they might be museum pieces...
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Brickin....? Narh its trying too hard to be a DeLorean Wink
The only Bricklin I am aware of in the UK is at the Haynes Motor museum, a bright orange one.

Saw lots of them at the DeLorean car show in Gettysburg last year though

[Image: bricklin.JPG]
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
i know they have not so good build quality (i have to watch my words her :wink: ) but i quite like them in a funny sort of way TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I'm sure i read an article in a magazine a while back which had a test drive of the Haynes museum car and said it was only the second in the country.
Chris Bale
Norwich, Norfolk

DOC# 528 / VIN# 2325
There was one in Hoddesdon circa 2003/4

I remember JRG spotting it for sale.

A
ChrisS Wrote:The only Bricklin I am aware of in the UK is at the Haynes Motor museum, a bright orange one.

Saw lots of them at the DeLorean car show in Gettysburg last year though

[Image: bricklin.JPG]

Yes, so did I :lol: I call them Delorean's older Brother.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
i dont think this car could ever be as good as the legendry de, its looks to normal when the doors are down where as the de looks like nothing else
just my 2bobs worth !! :lol:

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
Plus sorry to say it looks like a lot like kit car to me ....

Great historical value all the same .. but just not my cup 'o 't
Hi Guy's,

Saw a Mazda AZ-1 today at Goodwood breakfast club...A better alternative to a bricklin, better built and more reliable (based on the Suzuki Cappuchino)

The Guy who owned it said there was only 3 in the uk!

You can import one at:

http://www.terra2imports.ca/mazda/az-1/

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
More images of Mazda AZ-1 at:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en ... 4&ct=title

What'd you think, sort of twingo/delorean love child :lol:

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
i remember seing one at battlesbridge car show last year, the guy had bought it from a supplying dealer with virtually no miles on it and in stunning condition, it is a very cool car !
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639