Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
delorean on the website.. or was
Hey all

Since the latest trouble with lycos the website seems to have gone back in time too. I was wondering if anyone had the info on the delorean that was on the for sale page.

Thanks
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Blimey... Is your Car for sale Chris ??
bozzzydmc Wrote:Blimey... Is your Car for sale Chris ??

Which one? there are about 10 of us (Chris) in the club :lol:

Chris (1 off 10) not a number but a relativly free man (when the wife lets me)
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Hawes Wink

..I prefer 7 of 9 .... I wonder what ever happened to her ... Wink
nah thats from the old backup, need info on the one that was on from there, Someone called Andy was selling it i think
DOC 527
Vin #10264
yep, my car was up for sale January 2008 for a few weeks and then I realised how daft I was so I withdrew it pronto (I guess that is how old the backup is). I have already had one enquiry so I directed them to this fine car (the one I would be looking at if I wanted one right now):-
http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/794713.htm (used to be Ian Titley's car)

I don't know anything about this one:-
http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/829245.htm (appears to have been registered in 1985 based on the number plate...)
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
yeah i did look at that fine example of a car, its actually 1k out of my budget and it has nct tires so would need new ones all round. Anyone know the vin of that car?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Mike, the car has been for sale for a while. If you are only £1k out make him an offer he may well bite your arm off....

You can then drool over it whilst you save up for the tyre replacements. You've said you're looking for an original looking car so unless a grey manual isn't your thing you won't find better I'm sure...

Don't know the vin but it is definately either a late '81 or an '82...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
And a full set of tyres is not that expensive, I think the 4 new Pirelli P600/6000 cost me less than £350. So another good negotiating point

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
going to view it this weekend hopefully Smile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Good luck Mike, you've been waiting (and saving) long enough!

Looks a lovely example (but didn't you want a grooved gasflapped hood originally - I did too!)

I ended up with a flat hood 83', and It never bothered me mate!

All the best!

Ben
MikeH Wrote:going to view it this weekend hopefully Smile
Good luck,

Check it all carefully and don't let your heart rule your head.

Hope it works out and fingers crossed it meets your expectations Big Grin

NickT
I would probably go for the 16k car, and see if I could get it for 15k.

Although the other is a splendid example, its very low mileage and the fact its had no upgrades at all means if you plan on putting some decent mileage you could find yourself putting quite a bit of money in to keep it tip top...things like fuel sender, angle drive,brake master cylinder leaking, fan fail mod etc....I would be interested to know if the coolant has been changed every 12 months regardless of whether its been driven or not, also find out when it had filters/plugs/dis/injectors etc, and if the brakes have had an overhaul.

The cheaper car has done more mileage so is likely to have had the problems crop up and rectified.

Again this is only my opinion!
Ian Titley's old car is a minter and very highly regarded by Dave H. I have not seen it in several years but it was as close to new as you could get. One of the reasons Ian sold it was he wanted a car to drive, use and do work too but felt this one was too mint. I believe the guy who brought it from Ian was a mechanic and the car was well looked after from what I have heard. As Chris H said, if I was currently looking for a car this would be my first port of call!
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Hey thanks for all the comments. Alistair I can see where your coming from and I'll haveto ask about those points when I goto view it tommorow.
DOC 527
Vin #10264