Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vovlo 760 on ebay
hi all, i may be buying a 760 volvo on ebay for engine and fueling system. the only thing is,is it an odd fire or even fire and will it matter, its on a d reg any advice thanks tony tt
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
You could have a look at the distributor cap.
If you look from above and the ht leads are equally spaced (ie 60 degrees from each other, then it will be an even fire.

I am not sure on engine numbers and stuff.

NickT
What fire is a standard Delorean? I know mine is the opposite because it has a volvo dizzy.
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:What fire is a standard Delorean? I know mine is the opposite because it has a volvo dizzy.

Oddfire.

NickT
Funny they should change them, but my point is they re-made the crank to even fire and then remanufactured new dizzy caps to suit, so really unless the splines dont fit there cant be any reason why they cant be fitted. And i reckon the castings are still the same as well just curious ( not bi lol ) TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Did you end up buying the 760 tony?
no mate im rebuilding my original engine to put turbo back on. I do know that it will probably blow up but for the cost of a top end gasket set and second hand turbo its gotta be
worth a laugh Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I see. Do you have any long term plans for a more permanent job that won't blow up?
not really dan i still have the volvo engine to fall back on but maybe a totally different engine v8 poss, apparently there are a lot of engines that fit on that gearbox, we will see . but standard for me is slow TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor