Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean Project
Hi all.

Breaking an 81 Delorean. Everything on it that you could need minus an engine, bonnet and the left front wing and a few little bits and bobs. I'll sell the whole thing as a project car for £5000 or if I get no offers on the car then I'm breaking it.

The car has all the paperwork to register it in the UK, tax has been payed on it so no problems there.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Dan
If you do end up breaking it (most likly someone will have the car off you in one piece)

if it's a black interior, I'll have your Binnacle Smile

do you have the coil cover from the engine compartment? If so, let us know how much you want for it.

Dave.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
shame i dont know enough to get a fixer-upper, and with no engine and stuff thats alot of extra moola
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I will take the seats Dan, not worried about the colour or condition.

Just the price Big Grin
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Yes the car can be put back onto the road. A little elbow grease, time and a few parts are all thats needed. I just dont have the time to do it and it breaks my heart to see it there.

If no one wants the complete car then It's time to break it.
Come on somebody must want this as a 'project' car, personally i hate to see D's broken up. ( But then we are all free to do whatever we want with our own property) Must be a great contender for an engine 'upgrade '
it'd be lovely, except i aint got any room for it Sad
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
umm any rough cost to get it back on the road? what vin number is it? grey/black interior? I fear having to get an engine will cost alot, the hood and stuff aint much of a problem, also is the chassis in good nick?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Mike I hate to break cars up, especially rare ones like deloreans thats why I will sell it as a complete project car for 5k.

However I'm sure we have all got a part off of a donor car at some point. Some must due to keep others on the road.

The chassis is solid. A bit of surface rust but some rust killer and epoxy paint would fix it. The underbody is solid.

I have an engine suitable for the car in bits if anyone wants it as-well. I'll chuck it in.

It's an October 81 car in the 6000 vin range. Grey interior with a mint dash and binnacle.

Honestly If I had the time I would fix it.
is it a manual? honestly id prolly go for it if i could get it back on the road for 5k but with no mechanical skills whatso ever that may be quite difficultSad
DOC 527
Vin #10264
The chassis and gearbox is an Auto but I can alter the chassis to take a manual box and also supply a manual box to go with it if needs be.

Please be aware that this is a true project car. Everything is there but you will need to rebuild it. Not hard just time and effort is needed
John Dore here in Ireland will buy the frame and the underbody Dan.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Daniel Shane Wrote:Mike I hate to break cars up, especially rare ones like deloreans thats why I will sell it as a complete project car for 5k.

However I'm sure we have all got a part off of a donor car at some point. Some must due to keep others on the road.

The chassis is solid. A bit of surface rust but some rust killer and epoxy paint would fix it. The underbody is solid.

I have an engine suitable for the car in bits if anyone wants it as-well. I'll chuck it in.

It's an October 81 car in the 6000 vin range. Grey interior with a mint dash and binnacle.

Honestly If I had the time I would fix it.

I understand Dan and I agree with everything you say.... I can actually list a lot of the the parts on my car from other vins Smile

Maybe you would like me to put it up on the DOC main website ? Gladly do that for you matey. There are not a lot of good project cars around at the mo in the UK
hmm yea, its a nice offer but i dont think i have the know-how or resources to rebuild it unfortunatlySad
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Alistair Let me know if he wants it and I'm sure I can do something