Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO DASH LIGHTS ???
Hi all

ive just changed my dash clocks into a new binacle surround and now the lights dont come on when you put the headlights on any ideas anyone ?

thanks alot mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
Did the rheostat get turned to the off position?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Have you checked you pushed the connectors fully home on the board?
well the rheostat wanst connected i dont think and if it was i obviosly have put it back wrong ! i did wonder what that did, also i started the car today and all the gauges went a bit mental i think i must have the rheostat pluged in wrong would that effect the gauges to ?

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
yea ive checked the plugs several times so i know there in ok
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
Hi Mike,

Check the white/red cable on the rheostat with a volt meter. It's the feed to the panel lights. Fully wound stat is 12V.

If you have power then its either the plug or the flexi circuit on the back of the binnacle. I had a hair line crack in the copper strip on an old Porsche 928. The binnacle copper flexi circuit is just the same on the D.

Sometimes when you push the plug on to the back of the binnacle you can "Ruck up" the copper strips, just like a rug. Yes thats Ruck with a R not F :lol: I've had to super glue them down before the plug is fitted before now.

Good luck

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
hi there

after taking the bttf car dash apart loads of time check that long black plug on the back as the last few strips do not connect all the time when they look connected and it does not work if the strip has come off ed uding has brand new one for sale if you want me to pick 1 up for you
do you know how much ?

thanks mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
i can find out but better to email him they are not that much and it saves the time of trying to get the old one right as some times it can get very messy like mine did im out there in jan but if you can not wait ed will send you one
ok il give him an email, i will try faffing around the rhiostat first im going to try it in a min !
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
give me a call if you need any help over the phone :lol:

im up late waiting for santa :lol:
ha ha me too !
ive just moved the wires around on the rhiostat and the lights are now working again however the rev counter seems to have gone a bit loopy ! it just sits at 5000 revs even when the car not running weird a !
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
yep thats the bad earth fault ther in ther back of them strips