Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAINLESS EXHAUST DECEMBER SPECIAL
richard Wrote:Jerzybondov I have pm'd you. Check you inbox ain't full
Sorry - alerts gone strange. Replied!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Righty guys.

I went and got my exhaust at the weekend. Don is the man when talking about exhausts. He had recently made one for a bugatti veyron..cool.

I fitted my exhaust and looks the nuts, amazing. Having some issues bleeding the water, as a big air lock somewhere.

As soon as its all sorted I will post some piccys.

Cheers Guys

Richard
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
richard Wrote:I went and got my exhaust at the weekend. Don is the man when talking about exhausts. He had recently made one for a bugatti veyron..cool.

I fitted my exhaust and looks the nuts, amazing. Having some issues bleeding the water, as a big air lock somewhere.

Because the stock exhaust on a Veyron isn't good enough?!!

Get some pics up when you get the chance - and maybe a video of how it sounds? Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Hi Guys.

Was able to get round to the De and take a picture today. Don said there were little changes which he had done. Most noticable is the tips... I said tips.

Instead of a pipe in the middle and then the trim, he had new trims made, which look awsome. The tips are around 3" in diameter, bigger than the standard large tips which are around 2.5" Look coooool.

Started it briefly, and it sounds amazing, really throaty. Will take some more pics at the weekend.

I would suggest everyone give Don a call and see how the rest are going. When I went to pick mine last weekend he had around 6 other pairs all tacked up ready to go, so if anyone else is desperate like i was give him a call.

[Image: exhaust.jpg]
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

Hi Richard

Now they look good!

Just one thing .. I noticed your rear facia and lower valence is not fitted yet? Are you sure the new larger diameter tail pipe will fit once these are fitted?... mine ( along with others I have seen) are very close to the 'notches' in the rear facia
Hi Mike,

I thought the same thing, but then i thought they look the dogs doo doos. I heard yours in norfolk and thought me thinks me got to have one.

I'll try to get it fitted at the weekend and take some piccys. Might have to shave a touch, but my rear valence is a little droppy, keep you posted

rich
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

Thats cool Rich... Oh just seen your message re the fuel pressure tester, drop me your number and I will give you a ring to sort this out with you.

Oh dont bother cutting your rear valance if the tail pipes are touching slightly, the tail pipes will take care of that and leave a nice smooth rounded edge for you... just pick off the melted plastic when it cools down, no damage to them or anythingWink
I just tried to fit my new exhaust and guess what, it doesn't fit. The manifolds don't line up with the studs. If you put the manifolds back to back you can see they are different. :twisted:

I am most pissed off. :x
VIN: 6511
That's strange...... I wonder if everyone else will have the same problem?

Surely a replacement will be shipped asap FOC ?
Jeez..

That is a poor show, I have mine still wrapped up.

I'll ask JRG if he can check his, he picked it up from mine yesterday.
When james fits his, you should get him to offer up your manifolds to his studs to make sure they will be ok if your not planning on fitting it for a while.

Yet more delay in getting my car back on the road. :roll:
Dan1986 Wrote:I just tried to fit my new exhaust and guess what, it doesn't fit. The manifolds don't line up with the studs. If you put the manifolds back to back you can see they are different. :twisted:

I am most hacked off. :x

My manifolds look like a mirror of each other and fit perfectly when held back to back, I will be
test fitting them on Tuesday so I will let you know if there are any issues.

They haven't sent you 2 passenger side manifolds or somthing daft like that have they? did you ask for
them without the Lamda Sensor hole? perhaps they packed 2 passenger side manifolds by accident

long shot but could happen I suppose

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
No they are definitely the right ones. I have the lambda hole but with a blanking plug screwed in. The passenger side fits ok, I got that on this morning.

I also noticed that if you lay them down on a flat surface, the middle pipe is slighty higher than the others. I think that will tighten down ok though.
Right I am furious now, wish I'd not wasted 700 quid on this load of rubbish.

Spent ages today fitting the RH manifold and the silencer, and then found out the pipe that links the manifold to the silencer doesn't fit properly either!!

Look at the join in this pic, you'd need a bloody thick gasket to take up that gap! And because the other manifold is knackered I can't try out the other side so that might be just as bad!

[Image: exhaust.jpg]
Hi Dan

I had the same issue with manifold and silencer lining up. I had a bigger gap than that. I found that you had to loosen all joints up then slowly and carefully bolt each piece and each bolt slowly and carefully up. As you bolt the whole thing up it will move and the gap will be sorted. With repect to manifold I can't answer that as mine went on o.k.
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken