Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAINLESS EXHAUST DECEMBER SPECIAL
Thanks for the photos, I will re-install my disptick tube when I'm back with the car tommorrow.

As for everything else the exhaust is now fully installed and sounds awsome, I took it for a quick burn up the road and it goes like a rocket, noticibly better pickup and throttle responce than before and obviously it sounds great.

I'm really looking forward to running it in a straight line against Alistairs' DeLorean which is near enough a stock automatic, as I now have all the volvo/renault injection kit installed and the stainless free-flow exhaust.
It would be interesting to compare the difference in the real world - on the road from standstill to 70mph.

I should be re-taxing the D at the start of next month then maybe me and Al can do some experiments.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
It went like a rocket before the exhaust!

Shame you couldnt bring it today, we could have a burn up at the end!

Al
It sounds like another example of different D's being different. Mikes tube appears to attach to the hole in the top of the head, whereas mine attaches to one of the manifold studs :wink:

James, we could compare your delorean to mine too as mine is also volvo setup with stainless zorst, but a manual instead.
VIN: 6511
[Image: dipstick.jpg]

Yes this means I have my manifold sorted out :wink: Amazing what you can get done when you don't have to go to work :lol:
VIN: 6511
I took my car on a 220mile round trip to the cryogencis company who are doing some work for me and I have to say that the exhaust is amazing, a fantastic burble around town and when accelerating hard but alomost silent when crusing at 80mph.

Seems to have oooodles more top end grunt, mine's an auto but it will easilly do 65-75mph in second no trouble, drop it into 2nd at 50mph and you can tear past a variety of things on the motorway it's such a difference great fun.

I haven't even set the fueling up yet so there's probably more hps to be found in there.

I hear there might be a rolling road at Eurotec, will my auto be suitable for that?

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Yes there is a rolling road and no problem at all for Autos Smile

Looking forward to comparing my notes with yours then fellow auto owner Wink
James, do you not find that as soon as you gently accelerate at motorway speeds the exhaust makes itself heard again pretty noticeably? I'd definitely agree that mine is quiet when you're off the throttle but if you're on an incline and need to hold your speed it's a different matter! Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
JamesRGUK Wrote:......................
I haven't even set the fueling up yet so there's probably more hps to be found in there.

I hear there might be a rolling road at Eurotec, will my auto be suitable for that?

J

Fuel pressure tester and shims at eurotech would sort that out Wink

Nice to hear it is running better with matching injection parts.

NickT
Dan1986 Wrote:............................

Yes this means I have my manifold sorted out :wink: Amazing what you can get done when you don't have to go to work :lol:

Don't rub it in !

Any luck on the job front?

NickT
Hi this is my work whit our exhaust Tongue
thanks Stuart!!!

[Image: file.php?id=1060&mode=view]

[Image: file.php?id=1061&mode=view]

[Image: 20110712788-1.jpg?imgmax=640]

[Image: 20110712789.jpg?imgmax=640]
nice one, your car looks fantastic - I like your stainless throttle cover too 8)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie