Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaydon Classic Car Expo - 22.11.08
Hi All,

as Mary couldnt make it, Phill and I took Flopsy and Sorbet to Gaydon last Saturday as they
were holding a Classic Car Expo, with various companies plying their wares.

We had free entry, and a free lunch, plus tea and coffee, so all good Smile plus we got some info
from various traders on products that may be of interest to the club.

Anway, whilst going round the museum, Phill heard a voice he recognised, and there was
Tiff Needell having a guided tour! So, we approached the guy showing Tiff around and asked if
we could have pics with Tiff and the DeLoreans, and he kindly agreed, although it was freezing
outside and blowing a gale.

He's not as tall as he looks on the telly btw!! lol

[Image: meandtiff.jpg]

[Image: P221108_1448.jpg]

Flopsy and Sorbet get pride of place Big Grin

[Image: P221108_1059.jpg]

Oh, and next year, Supercar Sunday will not be clashing with Fathers Day, and they'd love to
have the DeLorean Owners Club in attendance. I'm sure Glen will post details in due course Smile

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Jammy sods meeting Tiff!

Id would have definately been there if Viki Butler-Henderson was though! Tongue
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
I think Johnathan who used to own my car met him when he did the Beaujolais run in the delorean.
VIN: 6511
Nice one Claire! Can we use one of these photos in the Club mag?

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Birksie Wrote:Jammy sods meeting Tiff!

Id would have definately been there if Viki Butler-Henderson was though! Tongue
same here i love a woman with a mans voice lol TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Mans voice? LOL Naaa, gowd bless ya naaaaaa.
Must admit she definately has balls though.
Ive got strange mixed feelings now Shock
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
well either that or she is a smoker lol TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
claire

thats good news that it will not clase with that weekend as they did ask us to go this year but as you said everfy one is busy that weekend so i had to tell them that we was not going but i will contact them in the new year
lol, hi all, thanks for the comments, and sorry for the delay in replying, but I've been ill since
Saturday night with the flu and sickness Sad

Feeling slightly more human today, but still very shaky.

Phi, no probs, I'll email you some piccies Smile

Glen, I've got the chap from Gaydon's contact details, and last time I spoke to him on the phone
he seemed very keen to do what they could to make the event 'DOC Friendly' in 2009 :wink:

Mebbe we could make a weekend of it again like we did in 2002 (?) when we went to the dog racing at Hall Green and stayed at the Travel Inn next door? Everyone who went really enjoyed that - the club had their own area at the dog track, we had a nice meal, and there was security looking after the cars.

Could maybe do it that on the Saturday, we all go to Warwick Castle (which is fab), then park up at Hall Green, freshen up, go to the dogs (lol), then off to Gaydon the next day?

Over to you mate! Big Grin
Claire Usher Wrote:Mebbe we could make a weekend of it again like we did in 2002 (?) when we went to the dog racing at Hall Green and stayed at the Travel Inn next door? Everyone who went really enjoyed that - the club had their own area at the dog track, we had a nice meal, and there was security looking after the cars.

Could maybe do it that on the Saturday, we all go to Warwick Castle (which is fab), then park up at Hall Green, freshen up, go to the dogs (lol), then off to Gaydon the next day?

I like the sound of that Big Grin
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Phil Peters Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:Mebbe we could make a weekend of it again like we did in 2002 (?) when we went to the dog racing at Hall Green and stayed at the Travel Inn next door? Everyone who went really enjoyed that - the club had their own area at the dog track, we had a nice meal, and there was security looking after the cars.

I like the sound of that Big Grin

I'll have to dig out the photos Phil - was that before you got #4400?
I think they are still on the club website?

[Image: scw_02_06.jpg]

This would have been back in 2002.

I bought VIN# 4400 in March 2002 but I didn't insure it until the following year if I recall correctly. That's going back a few years now Shock I do remember it being a very exciting time for me getting to know the car inside out (and how to take it apart :wink: ).

Ironically having bought VIN# 4400 in March 2002 it was only a few months later on 14th August 2002 that I got a phone call at 9am out of the blue from the original owner of VIN# 12173 offering to sell the car. Talk about bad timing! In the end the negotiations stretched out for over 3 years before the car went into Chrispy's collection for a brief time.

Cheers,

Phil
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo