Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo 760 in scrappers
Yep, seen it with my own eyes. Volvo 760, engine and all the rest of it, and looking remarkably complete. Been in Albert Looms scrappers, Derby, for about three weeks.

Tel. 01332 673663.

Looks like the air-con system is the same too tho' i might be tempted by that myself!

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Darn, havent got time to get down there Sad

Did you get any pictures of it?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Might be worthwhile ripping all the k-jetronic, distributor etc etc etc kit off it but it might be cheaper if you get the whole engine !
I think that the ignition amplifier from the 760 works on the D too. Check bosch part numbers.
Also grab the idle ecu too.

NickT
NickT Wrote:Might be worthwhile ripping all the k-jetronic, distributor etc etc etc kit off it but it might be cheaper if you get the whole engine !
I think that the ignition amplifier from the 760 works on the D too. Check bosch part numbers.
Also grab the idle ecu too.

NickT

yeah rob the lot inition module same part # ballast resistor minus one clip but is ok , cold start vave water bottle have it all Big Grin i got a job lot that im running on mine £60 and the only thing left was the block lol TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Guys, would love to get all this and more, but no time/ space or means to transport any of this. I'm busy all weekend building some stairs too, and can't get after work as it's dark.

I might just have time to whip off the aircon compressor in a lunch break but that would be it.

How tricky is the distributor to get at?

Hope one of you gets it before it all goes, but I haven't a hope of doing any serious stripdown work on it I'm afriad. Might have to let this one go.

Rich :-(
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Ah, sorry Claire - no pics either - but it's in the first row just behind the compound.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Ah, sorry Claire - no pics either - but it's in the first row just behind the compound.

what the gated compound on the right as you drive in, or the compound behind the shed where they do the tyres and stuff?

If its in the latter, it wont be there long as thats where they take them before puncturing the tanks and sump and draining the fluids out, taking the wheels off, then forklifting them into the main yard.

With such a high turnover of cars, it wont be in there long before its bean tin fodder Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
It's behind the gated bit on the right, already devoid of tyres and stuff, so its out in the main section of the yard.

Have tried to negotiate an early finish today to go and do a small amount of harvesting...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126