Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTTF Time Circuit Display Replica - Anyone Interested?
After watching one of Gary’s (bttfparts.com) videos, I found the place where he bought his fully functional time circuits from.

I’ve contacted the site owner, who is quoting €1500 + €47 shipping for a complete TCD.

However, in further talks with him, this price could drop to around €1300 for a bulk order.

I know some members from here have made/are making a bttf replica, so thought I’d see if there was any interest on clubbing together for a bulk order?

The website is http://bttfhardware.com/ and although the site looks basic, the TCD looks first class.

Any thoughts?
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
would not mind another tcd if you beside to order give me a call.
VIN004278
VIN020014
VIN0020114

http://www.downsalvage.com/
Okie dokie. Well Erick has come back and said that he would need 20 orders minimum to get the price down to €1300 per unit. It’s a bit of a tall order in my eyes, I was thinking he would come back with a minimum order of 5.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
I had another update from Erick this morning, it looks as though he's had interest from another group of people regarding the TCD.

He has said he would only require a minimum order of 10 now.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Now you have two 8 short.
VIN004278
VIN020014
VIN0020114

http://www.downsalvage.com/
Yup. Is it maybe worth posting on the IRE DMC forum?
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
hi mike

this is a lot more money that i was buying them for but as there are no longer any more on the market he should do good with this
Glen did you buy yours through Erick (bttfhardware.com)?

I know Gary (bttfparts.com) made a bulk purchase of TCD's from Erick at a greatly reduced cost, however this was down to the large quantity that was ordered.

Sorry for the late response btw, only just seen that this had a reply.

As the situation stands now, we need a further 8 people interested before the price drops.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
i.m only aloud to build some many cars a year the last one im helping to build is the bttf 1 for keith "zippy"

i wont be renewing my entertainemnt contract this year keith will be taking it over so i,mjust taking a break 4 a while as im still trying to get my new d on the way :wink:
So you produced your own? Were they fully functional ala Ericks?
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Quote:.m only aloud to build some many cars a year

Whys that Glen, what restricts you?

A
when i was running the back to the future car business one of there contract temrs was that you could only do so much unless you pay more money to the states to do this i allready was paying out for ppl,vpl which covers me to use sell or show movie of back to the future but one of the terms i agreed on is that after chris loyd has signed the car off been one of the best in europe i was no longer to build any more as i would have to up my payments to them as i only had a contract for my and keiths car hope that helps
How could they stop you building another one purely as a hobby just for private fun use?
VIN: 6511
dan

they can not stop building one for a hobby but for shows,business use,chartiy events its another matter anyway i have my eye in a d at the moment but still trying to get him to part with it might be a long job for me yet
I would be surprised Glen if they can demand you do no charity events, after all what US law has jurisdiction in UK courts?, what have you agreed to?

Did you get any contract checked over by a UK solicitor?

What if I decided to build BTTF cars now, no one can stop me..I could do as many as I like, although given that Chris N is so busy it might be a bit difficult!

Its worth remembering that the only BTTF car on display over here permanently is Gary Weavers first attempt, I wonder what he has to pay.