Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean Books
Just got These books in two second hand book shops in Belfast a few weeks ago. The one in the Middle I have just read. I have being waiting to buy this for a very look time. when it came out back in 1983, I did not have the money to buy it. I was unemployed and it would have cost me over half my dole money.
Any way it has confirmed for me from Day one That John was set up by the FBI and Thatcher Government, and not by some GM Executives as John thought, and that's before I finish the book on the right.

[Image: DSC_0004-1.jpg]
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
I'll keep an eye out for those over here Neal, they look interesting reading Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:I'll keep an eye out for those over here Neal, they look interesting reading Smile

Yes Claire, They are.!
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

I always thought the Fallon/Srodes book, while overly critical, was a pretty accurate documentary of the whole thing. Not read it in years, though.
Matt Clark Wrote:I always thought the Fallon/Srodes book, while overly critical, was a pretty accurate documentary of the whole thing. Not read it in years, though.

I'd second that. It's a great read.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
The Fallon/Srodes book is a great read, but they said that the DMC 12 was a failure. Which I Disagree. Here is the Evidence
I have added This paragraph from the book "The Maverick Mogul" which confirmed it for me.(see first post.)
Start at "An important deadline"

[Image: DSC_0007.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0008-1.jpg]

Read above Trouble(Belfast Telegraph oct 20 1982)

[Image: img032.jpg]

Car Crash BBC 2004 1min 15 sec in

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yJZUhhUCjYs
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

Just received this, to add to my Delorean book collection. 90p + £2.75 for postage(Amazon), and to read John's side of the story.

[Image: DSC_0003-3.jpg]
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

Hi Neal. I finished the Delorean biography a couple of weeks ago. (not to spoil it for you, but...)He sort of confirms what the other book says about complicity on the part of the UK government RE deadline of October 18th.
He goes further about conspiracy, but I think all it was was the FBI keeping the Secretary of State informed, the SoS made a decision to extend to the 18th knowing that Delorean couldn't make it, thus saving face.

The guy even admits it in the Car Crash documentary. (EDIT: you already knew - I just re-read your post :p )

have you read 'On A Clear Day You Can See General Motors'?
Barson Wrote:Hi Neal. I finished the Delorean biography a couple of weeks ago. (not to spoil it for you, but...)He sort of confirms what the other book says about complicity on the part of the UK government RE deadline of October 18th.
He goes further about conspiracy, but I think all it was was the FBI keeping the Secretary of State informed, the SoS made a decision to extend to the 18th knowing that Delorean couldn't make it, thus saving face.

The guy even admits it in the Car Crash documentary. (EDIT: you already knew - I just re-read your post :p )

have you read 'On A Clear Day You Can See General Motors'?
Hi Barson
I edited the post to show that the Secretary of State denied that he knew that JZD was going to be arrested. Then goes on to say 22 years later that he knew! you see what I am getting at?

No, not got that yet, waiting on "Hard Driving" My years with John Delorean By William Haddad.
You would think that I should have all these books by now.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

indeed - I DO know what you're getting at. Big Grin

What would have happened if 10m was found before the 18th....? probably another hurdle put in the way somewhere down the line. :|