Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seat belts
Hi there does anybody know where i can get a set of seat belts ,as mine have rips in and its failed the mot.
I am thinking that these must be used on another type of car Idea

Kind regards Jon
not sure off hand what they match up to, but give Dave Howarth a ring as he's got a warehouse full of DeLorean spares and can probably help you out.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi which side you after

i did have a spare drivers side, but water has got in my garage and wet it, so will have to check if it still works.

would only want a tenner though!/

Regards

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi Steve,

My belts had lost the spring to retract back onto the bobbin. If your a little handy go down the scrappies get a set of front belts from an Astra Mk111 (4 door).

Unstitch the end bracket, slide off the fixings/clip. (do the same to your old belts). Put Delorean clips on to the astra belt and re-stitch your old D bracket on the end.
DO A GOOD JOB on the stitching it could save your life one day.

Make sure you remember the orientation and order of all the brackets, before you re do the stitching too!

The Astra Mk111 bobbin is spot on to the delorean, with the exception of the threaded mounting hole. On the Delorean its not threaded. So basically drill out the thread, and cut the thread boss off.

It should fit a treat.

And now for the best bit....The label on the Astra MK111 at the end off the belt, that will be seen when fitted says "Made in N. Ireland"!

Should cost you around £5 a side, and about 2 hours each.

Best of Luck

Regards
D

Allways giving away his secrets!
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi Steve you offered your spare drivers side seat belt to the other chap for a tenner,if he doesnt want it I would very much like it as my D failed its mot due to my seat belt being frayed.I presume its ten plus postage?
Kind Regards Jon.
following on from what Darren put, if Cavalier belts are the same as Astra Mk3 ones (same era, and many Vxl parts are interchangeable), then we've got a set of those going spare if required.
Thank you all for your replies
The problem i had was that the webbing was frayed where it gets caught in the door. I thought it would foul the MOT.
Whilst sitting in the car I noticed that the seat belt extends out an awful long way so I cut the first Foot off (which is all that is frayed), then had it professionally sown up. You would never know, job done five quid.

Kind Regards Jon... vin no ..10924
if it helps, I'm scrapping an Astra Mk3 Estate - do you want the belts off of that?

Darren- does it matter if they are front one's or back ones?
Hi Claire,

Front ones.

When you re stitch your delorean fittings on, be sure to shorten the belt by 2ft. In the Astra the length of the spare belt when reeled in is longer than the D. (due to the longer distance between floor and pillar points than the D)

Kind regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
right, well I'll wait for Jon to reply back then about these - but ideally
we need to know asap, as the car is being collected by the scrapman
this weekend hopefully. Been getting some bits off of it tonight for
some of the guys on the Astra Mk3OC, so time is running out for getting
any more stuff of of it before it goes to Vauxhall Heaven.
Hi folks - resurrecting an old thread. Does anyone know of any seatbelt buckles which would match the Delorean ones exactly?

The reason is this - I'm considering making some clips that go around the door striker pins, which would accommodate the existing seatbelt buckle, with a view to using the seatbelt as a barrier to people getting in the car at shows etc.

So basically want something to match the part that the seatbelt plugs into in normal operation.

Chers,

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
hmm....... I always thought the seatbelt buckles were very Leyland-ish, like a Metro or summat? Mind you, you're the BL Geek!! :lol:

Is it worth having a rummage down Uncle Albert's? Failing that, theres a mahoosive
autojumble at Thoresby Hall on Monday.
Same as an old Mini.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Thanks all!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich, I wouldnt be surprised if Allegro ones weren't the same as (proper) Mini seatbelts,
same sort of era after all - is it worth comparing the ones on your car?

Seeya Monday, bright and early! lol