Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A BIG HELLO TO EVERYONE IN THE CLUB
Hi all
my name is mike cole (639) and i a new member, well when i say new i was a member around 5 years ago but didnt stay one as i got miffed i couldnt afford a delorean and i kept reading about them all the time ! lol
Anyway i now own my first delorean picked it up today ! you may remember the car, its allens old car with the chrome twist wheels and the silver/blue interior :? .
I just thought i would make myself known and say hi to everyone! Also im after a standard interior if anyone knows of one or if anyone knows of someone who can make me one, also does anyone know where i can get tyres for the standard dmc wheels with the white writing on the side ? any help would be much appreciated !

thanks all

mike c :lol: 8)
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
hi

and welcome!.

Tyres generally people fit pirellis (as its one of the only ones to fit the rear)

P6000/P600s, the writing if you want add with a white pen from motor factors.

and interior, you have various options...is yours just re-coloured, or recovered?.

you can buy new from the US, ie seat covers dash pads etc. there is a chap in the UK, Ian who did have some original covers, he used to advertise on ebay at about £400 ish!.

Should not take long to get back to stock.

if you are on a budget, their is normally 2 D's or so broken in the US a year and you see the parts on ebay. You could also try PJGrady, and see if Chris and Darren have anything, and i think they have contacts for a complete re-trim for you if your budget runs to it.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Welcome Mike.

Hope you enjoy your DMC-12 during your ownership.

And re-joining the club was the wise thing to do.

Ben
Hi steve

unfortunetly my interior has been replaced and all the old leather has gone! when i got home yesterday i had a bit of an investigate and all thats underneath is the cardboard trims, im not sure i can go to a full retrim at the mo but the second hand option sounds more like it, i will have to do some more invesigation, ive emailed pj grady so i will se what they come up with, thaks for the advise :wink:

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
Hi mike,

Welcome back to the doc mate,

and how lovely to have another D in the county,
I totally understandably the frustration about not being able to afford a D! Sad
hope you enjoy you ownership and have lots of fun adventures!!

all the best

Robert
DOC was#520 Now#910, VIN# One Day
DeLorean Fund:On Hold (All Money On Kids!
I Need A FIVE Seater.
Hi Mike and welcome to the club i hope you get a lot more enjoyment out the delorean than allen had.You have got to tell me though mate what ever posessed you to buy a car off a bloked that calls himself dodgy motor.only jokeing mate allen is a top guy and what a good buy you have got just think really old people like allen would have never thrashed the car.what are you thinking of doing returning it all to stock then or what??
anyway all the best Tyson
Welcome back matey, and I'm glad that Allen's car has found a good home Smile

Always remember that Dave Howarth has an amazing stack of spares (contact number in the magazine) and is always worth a try for that elusive part if PJ Grady cant help.

Enjoy!! Mr Green
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Welcome to the Club Big Grin

Hope you enjoy the D

NickT
hi tyson

well i dont think im going to return it completly to stock but the mods if any will be alot more suttle! , ive been thinking about geting the original dmc wheels chromed and have the tyres with the white writing on just so its looks that little bit different, as for the interior i would like a custom interior but alot more toned down than the blue and silver ! maybe a two tone light and dark grey leather, but a standard one would do me to start with ! nothing is decided yet just looking everywhere for different ideas
thanks for the reply !
mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
welcome mike good luck with finding all the bits you need, and maybe you can drag richard down to southend for a beer one night Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
is richard the guy near harold wood in shepherds hill ?
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
You know where I live!!! Its not often on the drive but you found it. Hero!!

Hi Mate hope it all goes o.k with the car.

send me a pm telling me where you live and well have to meet up, your litterally just down the road!

Not being funny you will have to move away I like the exclusivity lol lol :lol:

Well done on getting the car.
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
Welcome to the club. There are quite a lot of D's in essex now Big Grin
VIN: 6511
Cry Boo hoo..
Mike glad you got home ok and hope your happy.. how many times did you have your pic taken?? bet it was more than 5 8)
Good luck with the D. and just one word of warning,,if you ever meet Tyson..Hide your lunch :lol: :lol:
DOC # 595
Hi allen
yea im loving the car!, i think it was more than 5 pics on the way home, i think i had 5 just in one car ! it was so funny, ive been doing a few bits on the d already, ive put the original pedal rubbers back on, ive adjusted the louvre so it doesnt rub or rattle any more and it locks down now, also i have striped all that horrible vinyl off the top of the dash, im hopefully gona get someone round to quote me on a retrim soon, and ive put black windscreen wipers back on instead of those chrome things !
ill keep you posted on the progress !
thanks again mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639