Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostbusters gives hope. (Well to me any way.)
Check this out:

http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/

If ghostbusters can have a game why not the BTTF Trilogy, BTTF on the nex gen console, YES FLIPPING PLZ!!!!

The closest thing I'm playing at the mo GTA4 Find a car called a Blista Compact in white (http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resour ... -thumb.jpg)
and put on my ipod (it has the trilogy soundtrack.)

doe's anyone know how to start a petition?

to get a game company to at least think about it. 8) 8)
DOC was#520 Now#910, VIN# One Day
DeLorean Fund:On Hold (All Money On Kids!
I Need A FIVE Seater.
Well, I would love to see a modern BTTF game (heck, I would love to work on it) but it would be the decision of the rights holders (Universal I think) to decide to make a game. For example, the license would come up due to Universal deciding to re-release the films theatrically and wanting to make a cash-in game, and then various game studios would pitch for the work.

Creating a game on current console hardware, such as the 360 and PS3, is very expensive and time consuming. You are probably looking at around two years of development time, and involve around 50 -80 staff in the studio, plus around 200-300 extra people on the external producers, management, marketing, translation, legal and testing side of things. So thats about 15 -18 million dollars for the studio time alone, then you have the cost of the external team and marketing to add to that (another 5-6 million easily) It all adds up considerably.

I guess that Ghostbusters is a much easier sell to the marketing people and bean-counters to justify the cost of making a game, simply due to the fact that its very easy to pitch Ghostbusters as a game idea. You run around and shoot things. Executives can understand that. The typical 360/PS3 gamer audience will buy that. Ghostbusters is a well known, loved and visible brand which is easy to understand and market. Everyone gets the idea.

A BTTF game will be much harder to sell unless there is a major tie-in event to push the game, simply because the story and theme behind the film is quite involved and trying to translate that into a game would be very difficult. Trying to get the average player to think about multiple timelines and cause and effect could be hard! A lot of games on modern consoles fall in into "safe" genres, such as first person shooters, racing games and RPGs, because they will sell, regardless of how good the game is. BTTF doesn't really neatly fit into any of those genres.

I think some sort of 3rd person free-roaming adventure game would be the best bet for a BTTF title. Probably playing as Marty, there could be an area of Hill Valley for you to explore in each of the time periods, and you would be recreating events from the films, but also allowed to make choices which would contradict those films, so you could screw around with the timelines in new ways. And of course, you would be able to drive the DeLorean and hit 88mph Smile I think a lot of the gameplay would come from interacting with characters in each time period, performing tasks and using the DeLorean to be in the right place at the right time for an event to occur.

Film/game tie-ins are very common, so you never know it could happen. If Universal did decide to re-release the films theatrically then I think there would be a good chance of a BTTF game. I cannot guarrantee what it would be like to play though!
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
well that given me samething to thing about! :o

we have to get glen have a word with someone at Universal the next time he goe's over there, Big Grin

how about it glen? 8)
I Need A FIVE Seater.
I would never get you of the dame computer if they did bring one out.
Mad enough to marry Robert Monk
If you have an Xbox360 then you need to get PGR4. I play it so I can "drive" a DeLorean whilst saving up for one Smile
It's also a darn fine racing game in its own right!
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
Dammit I'm a PS3 man. Sad

there was a d in was it GT3 on the PS2.

will have to wait for the PS3 version to see if its still there!
I Need A FIVE Seater.
how cool are these! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4BsZvM_JAo&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bastl2oi ... re=related
I Need A FIVE Seater.
Robert Monk Wrote:Dammit I'm a PS3 man. Sad

there was a d in was it GT3 on the PS2.

will have to wait for the PS3 version to see if its still there!

It was GT4 that had a D.

GT5 is out now for the PS3, not sure if it has a D though.
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000