Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating Forum to PHPBB3
Hi All,

I know over the last few weeks our web hosting service, Lycos, Has been scanning and locking down any web files that they consider suspect.

Now they have locked down a few of the files that are needed to run the forum such as the smtp.php file as well as a few others and they wont unlock them for some reason.

It leaves us with only a few choices.

Either we move hosting company or we update the forum's software to an approved version.

Now updating the forum is a bit of a pain, but we do get many new features such as chat, attachments in messages and better control over things like avatars etc. It may mean that I have to close the forum for a day to update it.

Or we can move the whole lot to another provider. This could take days to do but requires no real changes to the existing forum.

What do you guys think ?

Dan
Hi Dan,

We seem to have lost some post topics and the end of several threads?

For example the Quality assured stickers has lost a few posts?

The Romsey pagent of motoring has gone from the events entirely?

There are a few more too

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi Dan

It's worse than I thought... loads of threads are missing? Shock

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
As Dan mentioned in a post last night, the forum would have to roll back to the last good back up which was on 19th August.

It had been warned for a few days that the update would mean anything posted after 19 August would be lost.

A bit of an inconvenience I know, but the forum is now upgraded and running without 'debug mode' messages all the time.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Darren,

As Claire said the last GOOD backup of the forum I had was the 19th. After this strange things happened like double posts and some posts going missing. I had no real choice but to base the forum upgrade on the last known good version of the database.

I did post a few days before that we would lose all posts from the 19th onwards. Im sorry that this happened but it was either upgrade our forum software or risk loosing the whole thing over night Shock

Dan
well i think you have done a spiffing job dan Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:well i think you have done a spiffing job dan Big Grin TT

Ditto 8)

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yes, very good Job
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
I know you have done a top job of the upgrade and the functionality of the forum, but would you have chance to upgrade the old modified "sub-oracle" style so it reflects the original colour scheme and animated graphics?

Cheers mi dears

NickT
Daniel Shane Wrote:Hi Darren,

As Claire said the last GOOD backup of the forum I had was the 19th. After this strange things happened like double posts and some posts going missing. I had no real choice but to base the forum upgrade on the last known good version of the database.

I did post a few days before that we would lose all posts from the 19th onwards. Im sorry that this happened but it was either upgrade our forum software or risk loosing the whole thing over night Shock

Dan

Hi Dan,

That explains it!

Great job on the new look forum. Big Grin

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
NickT Wrote:I know you have done a top job of the upgrade and the functionality of the forum, but would you have chance to upgrade the old modified "sub-oracle" style so it reflects the original colour scheme and animated graphics?

Cheers mi dears

NickT

Hi mate,

If I get a chance I will but there is no Sub-Oracle Style for PHPBB3 for me to base it on so I'll have to do it all by hand Sad

Dan