Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpet wanted
... Heck... £100... I think I will stick with my generic rubber ones from Halfords ..they fit well enough ...
£100...........................carpet.....................£100................the robbing......

How much? Ouch, my chest is tightening thinking of parting with THAT sort of money !!!!!

NickT
The annoying thing about it is that it's a very visible contact surface within the car - you notice it every time you get in, and so do all your passengers. And a carpet that slides around, doesn't fit properly, and also looks half-assed is perpetually annoying.

Some of the reasons why I'm considering splashing out £100 for some carpet :o

The other issue is that Chris N has done such a good job on the rest of the interior, the carpets might stand out like a sore thumb if they're duffaroo eBay or Halfords ones...
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I agree... but all i hear about DMCH repros ones are that the pile comes out and hence start to wear through in no time at all .. check out the threads on DMCtalk on that...

Each to their own but my doofaroo ones from halfauds fit perfectly and hose off very nicely too... end of the day they are protecting the carpet Smile
I don't suppose you know off-hand which Halfords ones you've got do you Mike? They do 3 fitment patterns I think for the semi-tailored ones, or do you have different ones to those?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Yes that rings a bell... cant remember which set i went for as the guy at the store came out with me to see which ones fitted ... maybe they have a code on the back ...will take a look when i get home bud.
Thanks! If you have a camera handy could you take a pic too? Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Here's an update on the carpet hunt - I spoke to Dave Howarth this afternoon and he informed me that he's been working on getting a custom set of floor mats made with integrated DMC logo in stainless letters. They're still working on the best way to fix the lettering in, so it might be a few months before the appropriate stamps are made and so on, but once the process is up and running he thinks they should cost no more than £45 or so. A bargain!

In the meantime, if you can live without the logo but want some tailored floor mats in the right colours then they can make them much quicker - Dave's going to call me back tomorrow with more details.
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Try

http://www.justmatz.co.uk/

You can have any logo you want, left or RHD cars etc... I think they work
out about £70 with the logos etc...

I've never used them before but there are many companies who offer a
custom mat service and they don't seem to be extortionate

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK