Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpet wanted
Sorry to be bringing up this old thread, but I'll be needing to get hold of some floor mats for 7176 when I get it back. Are there any alternatives to paying $150+ to Houston to get some off them?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
jerzybondov Wrote:Sorry to be bringing up this old thread, but I'll be needing to get hold of some floor mats for 7176 when I get it back. Are there any alternatives to paying $150+ to Houston to get some off them?
Never used or seen them but there is an Ebay seller, selling them; Item No; 260377618341

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I know it sounds daft, and it shouldn't make much difference...... but when I wanted a set, I emailed this guy and they were for a RHD.

Whats the difference?

Well the heel pad will be on the wrong side for starters.

Things may have changed in 2 years, so double check.

Oh, and £65.99 + £10 p&p + £8.50 with logos for 2 mats is steep. I had my 2 front ones, my cargo area one, and trunk one, all with logos for about £200 delivered from the states.

Ben
I've just emailed the guy so I guess he'll let me know.

Has anyone seen these in the flesh? You never know if they might just be a bit ill-fitting and rubbish...
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Well here is the link anyway....

http://deloreanowners.org/delorean-store

As you can see, it's a dollar short of $400 with free carraige.

When I bought mine 2 years ago, the dollar was good, and they were all £200

I think thats a good price to protect your carpets in 3 different areas, with logos etc.

Ben
Thanks Ben, I've just emailed them to see if they'll just ship the floor mats for $131 to the UK...
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I have a set of black DMC mats going spare if your interested Gez?
VIN: 6511
Could be interested as a temp measure - what kind of nick are they in? How much do you want for them?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
jerzybondov Wrote:Could be interested as a temp measure - what kind of nick are they in? How much do you want for them?

And I'be be interested after you jez!

I've got none at the mo and would be happy with a worn 2nd hand pair.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
They aren't worn much really. The carpet is still really fluffy and soft. I only changed them to get grey ones because I'm fussy. The plastic edging is split in a couple of places but htye are fine really once they are sat in the car. I was going to get them weaved round the edge like house door mats, most carpet shops will do it for you.
Dan1986 Wrote:They aren't worn much really. The carpet is still really fluffy and soft. I only changed them to get grey ones because I'm fussy. The plastic edging is split in a couple of places but htye are fine really once they are sat in the car. I was going to get them weaved round the edge like house door mats, most carpet shops will do it for you.

let me know what you want for them, moneys tight at the mo what with the new exhaust etc... but I may be interested

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Dan, where did you get your new grey ones from? James - I'll let you take Dan's if you've got a black interior, would make more sense!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
My Grey ones are DMCH ones. They are good quality but bloody expensive I think. Ed might have some though and it will cost less to ship.
Dan1986 Wrote:My Grey ones are DMCH ones. They are good quality but bloody expensive I think. Ed might have some though and it will cost less to ship.

Got a set of these too, and they are really nice, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mats!
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I emailed Ed and he has mats for 90 Euros plus another 18 Euros for shipping - will work out better than getting them from the States. I'm assuming they're the same as the DMCH ones but I've emailed him again to check.

Does anyone know if Dave Howarth might have them? I just ordered inner lights, headliner material and sun visors from him yesterday, he's the man for random parts!
VIN 7176
DOC 643