Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpet wanted
Hi all,
I am looking for a good second hand carpet in light grey for the Passenger side of my Delorean. I 'm just after the piece that goes under the seat as battery acid has at one time eaten into it.
Thanks,
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
you spoke to dave h
common problem that, I remember being at the DMCH Open House in 2003, and they said then that they had no pass side carpets left because of that problem.

Flopsy also had a damaged carpet due to battery acid - they guy I bought her off fitted a new battery, then put in in on its side, so during the 8 week journey to England all the acid leaked out and ate the carpet and also made a mess of the seat back too Sad

Managed to bodge a fix of it tho Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
As Glen said, Dave Howarth is your man.
Hi Stu,

You could always get a Left hand carpet or shelf carpet, cut and edge trim it, then do a hidden join under the seat!

Would be quite easy to do.

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Dave H does do a very nice plush carpet set, but I was after a used piece as I'm on a bit of a budget. I made a temporary fix on the lines of Darrens suggestion, since you only see the area when the seat is forward anyway.
Thanks for you replies,
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi stu i think this is a bit late for you but if you need anything just let me know as we have a carpet shop and also the whipping machine that puts the edgeing round the carpet i can cut most shapes out the only problem i normaly have is with internal corners.it would meen though that you would have to have off the shelf carpet though unless you already have some already and i would be happy to do it for you f.o.c.
just let me know if i can help
kind regards Tyson
Hi Tyson, Can you put the plasticy edge on carpet like the boot carpet has around the edge?
Hi Dan no sorry mate its not the plastic edging it is the whipping wool yarn you can have it in any colour but it comes out like carpet paturn samples this picture is one i have done
[Image: IMG_0461.jpg]
i know its not quite like the origanal edgeing on the delorean carpets but it dose look better than just a fraid bit of carpet without anything on it.and it is also a much cheaper option.
kind regards Tyson
Looks like a good way to tidy up the area. Perhaps you could sell a few, going by the shortage of original carpet. How much would you charge for that mat?
I would like to go with Dave H's carpet set one day.... to get the whole interior like new again Big Grin
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi stu i havn't really thought about making money out of car mats but if anyone ever wants a set making up or hood carpets or something i would be more than happy to make them up for them.It will just depend on what carpet i can match up with the origanal ones ,black carpet wouldn't be a problem but the grey would be quite hard to match up to origanal colour.but just a guess on price i would think maybe £30 or £40 for the floor mats and hood carpet."dont hold me to that though not until i have found out the cost price"
kind regards tyson
I had some DMC car mats edge-whipped too and they look the business. The plasticky stuff was all broken up, and whilst the whipping might not be 100% original it looks great.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Can any type of carpet be edge whipped or does it have to be a certain thickness or material?
Hi Dan yes pritty much any thickness carpet up to about 3/4" thick and can whip it any shap aswell.
cheers tyson
In that case I think I'll get my luggage mat done like that as the plastic edge has shrunk up in the corners making it look a bit tatty. Big Grin